Our Grilled Pineapple Chipotle BBQ Sauce Recipe for your summer grilling pleasure! I’m sure you’re as happy as we are for the summer weather. Pull out those grills and give making your own homemade barbecue sauce a try- it’s SO flavorful. It’s worth the effort. Actually, this recipe is back from when I was in culinary school and I simply adore it! It’s really great because it’ll keep in the fridge for up to 4 weeks. However, it’s soooo good that I promise you it won’t last that long! In fact, if you’ve got a few mouths to feed then save yourself the trouble and just make a double batch! Enjoy 🙂
Happy dance! It’s Fit Friday!! We love hangin’ out with Miss Nichole from Pure Clean Fitness! She’s been with us on Friday’s for over 5 years now and we love her! If you want check out more of our Fit Friday posts then CLICK HERE!
Grilled Pineapple Chipotle BBQ Sauce Recipe
I’ve been in a 14 day mandatory quarantine since arriving home from Greece a week and half ago. I’ve been loving my grill and the backyard so much!! Only 4 days to go and then I can see my family and friends again. AND I can’t wait!! OMG. To see my kids and the grandbabes again. . . I’m so excited. I’m sure we will be doing our fair share of grilling next week during my visit! We love you and want you all to stay safe and healthy! Hugs from all of us.
Tips & Tricks for Grilling:
- Take meat out of fridge to bring it to room temperature for 20-30 minutes.
- Clean the BBQ grill grate with a metal scraper.
- To reduce sticking spray generously with cooking spray before igniting grill so it does not flame up.
- Preheat your grill on high, scrape again if needed to remove any really tough to remove areas.
- Create heat zones for two stage cooking;
- Stage One: heat one side of grill to high heat; sear the meat on each side for 2 minutes, rotating to get cross-hatching marks.
- Stage Two: heat second side of grill to low or off; place the seared meat here until reaches desired temperature.
- Invest in a high quality probe thermometer.
- To get the best reading; probe the meat on the side inserting the probe into the center of the cut of meat.
- Grilling is a little like cooking on the Mojave desert — dry, dry and hot, hot, hot! Make sure to use your grilling sauce and apply it with each rotation so the protein stay nice and moist on the inside.
- Once meat reaches 5 degrees below desired temperature move to a resting plate and tent with foil to keep warm without sweating.
- Rest meat for 5 minutes to slow the juices.
- Serve and Enjoy!
We hope you love Grilled Pineapple Chipotle BBQ Sauce Recipe & these recipes too!
- Citrus Thyme Grilled Chicken Recipe
- Sweet and Sour Shrimp Skewers
- Grilled Southern Pork Loin Recipe
- Herbed Grilled Chicken Recipe
- Grilled Red Wine and Garlic Elk Steak
- Grilled Pineapple ala Mode
- Applewood Pork Sliders with Apple Slaw Recipe
- Grilled Tandoori Style Chicken
- Grilled Pineapple and Strawberry Salsa
- Herbed Flank Steak
- Grilled Pear, Chicken, Craisin Salad
- Spicy Tequila Elk Steak Fajitas Recipe
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Pineapple Skewers
- Grilled Strawberry Shortcakes
- Greek Lamb Burger with Yogurt Mint Sauce
- Grilled Tarragon Garlic Steak
- Grilled Peach Cobbler
AND now it’s Miss Nichole with our Fit Friday. . .
The gym is back open and I am so excited! I have kept moving for the most part during these last few weeks, but definitely not like I was. No gym meant hardly any weights and definitely no heavy weights. It also meant workouts that were constantly interrupted and often cut short. Now, the gyms are open but there is still no daycare or kids allowed, this means that I won’t be going often but a couple mornings a week will be a great way for me to get moving again.
Today I went to the gym for the first time since mid March. I used equipment that I love and found some joy in heavy weights and with a bar. Because I am just getting back to it all and I will still be limited to a couple times a week I have decided that some great full body movements are the way to go.
Today we are focusing on a some fun with the bar. Pick a weight that you is doable but challenging. Your reps will drop as you go, so it is okay to start with something that is hard for the first round of 10. Good form. Quality work! And reap the rewards!
- 1/2 yellow onion, small diced
- 1 tablespoon shallots, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- ¼ cup cooking sherry
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups brown sugar
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 7oz can chipotle chile canned in adobo, puree in blender
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- 2 ½ cups apple juice
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- ½ cup pineapple- peeled, sliced and grilled, then cubed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, to taste
- ½ teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- In a large stock pot add oil, heat until hot, add the onions; cook 3-4 minutes to caramelize.
- Add the garlic and shallots towards the end of the caramelization of the onions.
- Add chipotle puree; stir well.
- Add brown sugar, molasses, and soy sauce; stir well.
- Deglaze pan with the sherry cooking wine and simmer for a 2-3 minutes.
- Add the mustard; stir until well incorporated.
- Add the apple juice and pineapple juice; let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the ketchup and chili sauce; simmer stirring frequently.
- Season with salt and pepper, and worcestershire sauce.
- Taste and season as needed.
- Simmer on low to reduce sauce (until syrupy and thick) approx 30-40 minutes.
- Add grilled cubed pineapple and puree in blender until smooth.
- Sauce should be smooth, thick, and amazing!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 101Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 315mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 0gSugar: 21gProtein: 1g
Make this summers backyard dinners even more delightful with our Grilled Pineapple Chipotle BBQ Sauce Recipe! 🙂
We love to hear about your magical cooking moments. If you get a chance to make our recipes then leave us a comment or tag us on Instagram @cookingwithruthie, pin us on Pinterest, or follow along with us on Facebook so we can share in the joy of cooking with you! Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: [email protected] We’re excited to see you again soon!
One more thing before you go…
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you!! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends! Our hearts sing when you do. We SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here.
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Nichole, Ruthie, & Madeliene