We grow a beautiful garden… take a look at How our garden grows from seeds to harvesting this year. About this time of year I’m trying to figure out what to do with all of our abundant harvest! We share a lot with family and friends AND I get to come up with fun recipes for our family to enjoy. We planted 6 Basil plants this year and everyone of them is just as happy as can be- which means we have a lot of Fresh Basil!
AND with all that Fresh Basil I just had to whip up some fresh Homemade Pesto sauce…
It is wonderful… just about the best thing you’ll ever taste. While I was at it I made a delicious Pesto Chicken and Veggie Saute over whole grain pasta for dinner too.
There are so many ways healthy and delicious ways to incorporate that amazing Homemade Pesto recipe. Did I mention that it is super simple too? YES, it is… just a few ingredients and a blender and you’re good to go!
- Pesto Bruschetta
- 1 french baguette
- 1 recipe homemade pesto
- 12 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 6 slices fresh mozzarella cheese, cut in thirds
- olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice baguette 1/4 inch thick slices, slightly angled.
- Place on a cooking sheet, spray with olive oil cooking spray.
- Bake 7-8 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- When ready to serve, spread 1 tsp pesto sauce on each baguette, spread.
- Place a slice of mozzarella and two tomatoes slices on each baguette.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 189Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 314mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 7g
Pesto Bruschetta is a savory appetizer that’s a lovely compliment to any meal. You will love how easy it is to make and how amazing it tastes too!
Here are a couple of other delicious recipes for you to enjoy…
I’m excited to be a monthly contributor at Remodelaholic’s… I shared this recipe over there last week and I wanted to share it with all of you too! Now you’ll have 3 yummy recipes to use WCw/R’s Homemade Pesto recipe… SO good!