I shared this recipe over at the36thAVENUE last week AND since I’ve been on a long weekend away in Denver to see my wonderful friend, Emily and her cute family…. I’m gonna share it with all of you today!!
Hi to all of the 36th AVENUE’s friends! I’m Ruthie from Whats Cooking with Ruthie.com where I love to talk about cooking, gardening, and a little dose of everyday life! I’m so happy to be here with you all today to share this amazing recipe!
Mixed-Berry Crostata… is a fabulous go-to dessert recipe that is just beautiful and LOOKS like you slaved all day!!
BUT… this Mixed-Berry Crostata is SO simple to make!! It uses a pre-made pie crust AND whips together in 25 minutes flat (baking time included)!! Oh yah, it’s super delicious too 🙂
- Mixed-Berry Crostata
- 1 premade pie crust
- 1/4 C cherry, apricot, or raspberry preserves (I used cherry- I had it on hand!)
- 1 C fresh raspberries
- 1 C fresh blueberries
- 1 egg white, beaten
- Preheat oven 400 degrees.
- Using a cookie sheet lined with a piece of parchment paper, unroll pie crust in the center.
- Spread preserves in the center of pie crust leaving a 1 1/2 inch clean around the outer edge.
- Evenly sprinkle berries over preserves.
- Fold the outer edge of pie crust in and crimp, leaving the center open, to make the decorative edge.
- Brush decorative edge with egg white.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until crust is lightly browned.
Mixed-Berry Crostata… is a fabulously easy dessert recipe that’s simply mouth-watering!! You’re guests will be totally impressed!! It’s wonderful served warm with ice cream for a perfect ending to any dinner! Enjoy!
You may also enjoy these other recipes from What’s Cooking with Ruthie…
Thanks SO much to Desiree for having me be a contributor once a month on the 36th AVENUE!! She’s just awesome and I’m so glad to be able to share some fun stuff with all of you 🙂