Pesto Chicken and Veggie Saute
Pesto Chicken and Veggie Saute is a savory main dish recipe that uses the Homemade Pesto from yesterday’s post. This time of year I’m always looking for new ways to incorporate zucchini and yellow squash AND this recipe really came together well with the Homemade Pesto!
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 yellow squash, sliced
- 16 oz baby bella mushrooms
- ⅓ C water
- ¾ C Homemade Pesto sauce
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 13 oz whole grain noodles, I used linguini, cooked according to package directions
- In a large frying pan coated with cooking spray, over medium heat, place chicken, onions, and garlic.
- Cook 4-5 minutes until lightly browned, stirring frequently.
- Add zucchini, yellow squash, mushrooms, and water.
- Cover, cook 5-6 minutes more or until vegetables are tender soft, stirring twice.
- Add Homemade Pesto sauce, stir until coated.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over whole grain noodles of choice.
Pesto Chicken and Veggie Saute will please your whole family, it’s simple to throw together and deliciously fresh ingredients make the perfect dinner for any night of the week.