*This post is sponsored by Bertolli® Brand
Spring Chicken Pesto Alfredo Penne is a quick and easy idea for dinner tonight! It’s as easy as opening up a bottle of Bertolli® Creamy Alfredo Sauce, adding some pesto, and topping it off with shredded chicken breast, heirloom tomatoes, and parmesan cheese!! Wha-la. Dinner’s ready by the time the pasta’s done cooking.
You know how much I love the Italian cuisine, I should be an Italian by default just because I eat it soooo much! Oh my. Creating this recipe couldn’t have been more fun. My love for the Italian Cuisine stems from my garden- I love home grown heirloom tomatoes and fresh basil all summer long! This recipe has all the flavors from Tuscany both you and I love so much but without much work. YAY.
Bertolli Alfredo Sauce is the perfect way to whip up a quick and easy dinner plus bring Tuscany to your Table. I love it when I can make a delicious recipe quick and easy for my family to gather around, enjoy eating, and reconnect with each other. Life with teenagers is pretty busy, so it’s a treat when we’re able to enjoy a meal all together!
While I was at the store, I grabbed a rotisserie chicken to make this recipe, which made it that much easier to make. If you’d rather pan fry up a couple of chicken breasts for this recipe, that works great too. Make sure to grab a crusty loaf of bread to clean up all the delicious-ness of this sauce off your plate!
- 1 12 ounce whole grain penne pasta
- 1 15 ounce Bertolli Creamy Alfredo Sauce
- 2 1/2-3 tablespoons pesto
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast, I used a rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup heirloom tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- basil leaves to garnish
- Prepare penne pasta according to package directions.
- In a mixing bowl combine alfredo sauce and pesto; stir to combine.
- When pasta is cooked and drained, return to pot, add sauce and toss to coat.
- Add sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide pasta onto serving plates, top with chicken, tomatoes, and parmesan cheese.
- Garnish with additional basil leaves, if desired.
Bertolli celebrates the love of Italian life and food. The things that matter most are family, friends, freshness and most importantly food. Bertolli is celebrating 150 years of bringing Tuscany to your table. With its authentic taste and quality ingredients, Bertolli pasta sauces are a key ingredient in homemade dishes.
I know your family will totally love this Spring Pesto Alfredo Chicken Penne~ we completely loved every bite!
Viva Bertolli and join me in celebrating 150 years of delicious Italian food, friends and family. Felice Anniversario and Buono Appetito! Visit Bertolli on Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter for more inspirations and ideas to bring Tuscany to your table. As Bertolli celebrates its 150th anniversary, they also want to help you commemorate your special moments this year big and small. Check out their Facebook page to see how you can win a dinner celebration and other prizes!
Much Love and Peace~