Today’s Spring Chicken Pesto Alfredo Penne Recipe is a quick and easy idea for dinner tonight! It’s as easy as opening up a bottle of Creamy Alfredo Sauce, adding some pesto, and topping it off with shredded chicken breast, heirloom tomatoes, and parmesan cheese!! Wha-la. Dinner’s all right ready to go by the time the pasta’s done cooking.
Italian lovin’ our Spring Chicken Pesto Alfredo Penne Recipe!
You know how much I love the Italian cuisine, I should be an Italian by default just because I eat it soooo much! Oh my. My love for the Italian Cuisine stems from my garden- I love home grown heirloom tomatoes and fresh basil all summer long! This recipe has all the flavors from Tuscany both you and I love so much but without much work. YAY!
Simple to make spring Chicken Pesto Alfredo Penne Recipe:
Light Creamy Alfredo Sauce is the perfect way to whip up a quick and easy dinner plus bring Tuscany to your Table. I love it when I can make a delicious recipe quick and easy for my family to gather around, enjoy eating, and reconnect with each other. Life with teenagers is pretty busy, so it’s a treat when we’re able to enjoy a meal all together!
While I was at the store, I grabbed a rotisserie chicken to make this recipe, which made it that much easier to make. If you’d rather pan fry up a couple of chicken breasts for this recipe, that works great too. Make sure to grab a crusty loaf of bread to clean up all the delicious-ness of this sauce off your plate!
Ingredients in our Spring Chicken Pesto Alfredo Penne Recipe:
- Whole Grain Pasta: Whole-grain pasta is typically high in fiber, manganese, selenium, copper and phosphorus, while refined, enriched pasta tends to be higher in iron and B vitamins. Whole-grain pasta is also lower in calories and higher in fiber and certain micronutrients than refined pasta.
- Pesto- is a delicious sauce often made from basil, olive oil, garlic, Parmesan cheese and pine nuts. All of these ingredients have health benefits and can be included in a well-balanced, healthy diet.
- Tomatoes- antioxidant lycopene, which has been linked to many health benefits, including reduced risk of heart disease and cancer. They are also a great source of vitamin C, potassium, folate, and vitamin K.
- Parmesan Cheese- Parmesan cheese is a good source of protein and fat. It’s rich in vitamins and minerals like calcium, vitamin A, vitamins B6 and B12, phosphorus, zinc, and copper.
- Light Creamy Alfredo- has 65% less fat and 55% less calories than the leading brands of alfredo sauces, but all of the rich and creamy taste. This better-for-you indulgence is made with real, high-quality ingredients like cream, Parmesan cheese and butter.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 644Total Fat: 43gSaturated Fat: 22gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 184mgSodium: 1083mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 42g
I know your family will totally love this Spring Pesto Alfredo Chicken Penne Recipe!
We love to hear about your magical cooking moments. . . if you get a chance to make our recipes then leave us a comment or tag us on Instagram @cookingwithruthie , pin us on Pinterest , or follow along with us on Facebook so we can share in the joy of cooking with you! Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re excited to see you again soon!
One more thing before you go. . .
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you!! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends! Our hearts sing when you do… we SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here.
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Ruthie & Madeliene