Old Spaghetti Factory Broccoli Recipe has been a favorite of our for years! I put together my very own version of Spaghetti Factory Broccoli Recipe with Mizithra Cheese and browned butter… I’m pretty sure my version is a lot healthier than there’s is. We fell over heels in LOVE with the spaghetti factory recipes after giving it a try one time, and once I’d read the description on the menu, I figured I could make it at home pretty easily! I am positive my Spaghetti Factory Broccoli (copy cat) has WAY less butter than there’s does but we love it just the same!
If your not familiar with Mizithra Cheese you can find it any store that carries a large variety of cheeses or if there is a Spaghetti Factory near you they sell it! All shredded and ready to go by the pound. It freezes wonderfully and last forever in the freezer too. You can see in the photo tutorial “Ingredients picture” my bag of Mizithra Cheese I bought the last time we were there! (just throw it in a freezer bag!)
What is Mizithra Cheese?
• Mizithra Cheese is a Greek cheese made from sheep or goats milk. It is primarily produced on the island of Crete, but it is widespread throughout Greece. Mizithra can be salt dried to produce a mature salty cheese.
• Mizithra is a pasteurized sheep’s milk cheese made all over Greece. In the past, balls of Mizithra were hung outside wrapped in sheets to drain as part of their preparation. Today, cheese makers try to stay true to the rustic roots of hanging, depending on the time of year the milk was harvested.
• When cooking with Mizithra, or any ethnic ingredient, it helps to look at how the people who created it use it.
• The Greeks enjoy Mizithra at all times of the day.
• For breakfast serve slices with thyme honey and fresh fruit. Serve it as an appetizer with olives, tomatoes, basil and bread, like you would Mozzarella. As this cheese ages, it evolves and goes even better with traditional Greek flavors. Crumble or grate it over Mediterranean inspired salads and pastas. For a wine pairing, try serving it with Prosecco.
Step-by-Step tutorial to make Old Spaghetti Factory Broccoli Recipe:
You may also enjoy these other side dish recipes:
Old Spaghetti Factory Broccoli Recipe is a real crowd pleaser… your kids will even want to eat their vegetables when you serve this recipe!
We love to hear about your magical cooking moments. . . if you get a chance to make this recipe leave us a comment or tag us on Instagram @cookingwithruthie so we can share the joy of cooking with you!
One more thing before you go!. . . be inspired with CWR Recipe, Travel, and a variety of Etceteras every week by signing up to receive our emails! Click here to subscribe. We send out our newest posts, a collection of our latest favorites, and more! We love to stay connected with you.
Ruthie & Madeliene
- 5 cups broccoli florets
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3-4 tablespoons Mizithra Cheese, finely grated
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Coat large fry pan with cooking spray; warm pan to medium high.
- Melt butter, stirring, continue to cook for 1-2 minutes until butter caramelizes and fragrant.
- Add broccoli, stir, cover with a lid and cook 1 minute, stir, repeat until tender soft.
- Approx 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons Mizithra Cheese, pour onto serving platter, sprinkle with remaining cheese.