Hey-hey it’s Fit Friday!!
Miss Nichole from Pure Clean Fitness is here to hang out with us. I love having her visit and inspire our fitness!
A Healthy Recipe: Spiced Roasted Whole Cauliflower from me + Mood Boosting HIIT Workout from Nichole= a healthy, happy, balanced life! 🙂
Ruthie’s Healthy Recipe. . .
Spiced Roasted Whole Cauliflower is filled amazing flavors that will ultimately leave you speechless!
Spiced Roasted Whole Cauliflower is so completely delicious. . . you’ll never make cauliflower another way again! I’ve typically not been a huge lover of cauliflower but I have to tell you that after I took these photo’s, I went right to kitchen and ate nearly half of it!! Wowzers. It’s crazy good. 🙂
Spiced Roasted Whole Cauliflower so simple to make too. Just make a simple rub by combining a few spices and some fresh thyme leaves, rub the whole cauliflower with olive oil and then the spice mix, toss it in the oven for 25-30 minutes, AND it’s done! I just placed it on a serving plate and sliced off sections as we ate (in about 1 inch thick sliced). It separated into sections and we SO enjoyed every last bite. 🙂
If you need some more recipe inspiration when it comes to making vegetables delightful in a healthier way. . . here are some of our favorites: Browned Butter Broccoli and Mizithra Cheese, Browned Butter, Parmesan, and Almond Green Beans, and Roasted Butternut Squash with Gorgonzola Cheese
Spiced Roasted Whole Cauliflower has got to be put on your menu for the this next week. . . it’s simply amazing!
Nichole’s Mood Boosting HIIT Workout:
We have almost made it through January, but winter is still holding out strong and for many we are feeling the effects. The holidays are now memories and pictures, but the cabin fever and winter blues are staying put. I live in the middle of snow and cold, to make things we worse we also get inversion here in Utah. I am not a skier or a lover of cold winter activities, I am a runner through and through and prefer running in shorts to my winter tights. That being said I am super excited to go snow shoeing this weekend in Bryce Canyon, but that is not the point.
Have a wonderful Fit Friday!
Much Love and Peace~
Nichole and Ruthie
- 1 head of cauliflower, greens removed, washed and drained, left whole
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, adjust according to spiciness
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- Preheat oven 425 degrees F.
- Place cauliflower head on baking sheet.
- In a small bowl combine sea salt, pepper, garlic salt, red pepper flakes, thyme leaves; mix.
- Drizzle and rub with hand the olive oil over the cauliflower to coat.
- Using hand apply spice mixture evenly over cauliflower.
- Bake 25-30 minutes until lightly browned.
- Place on serving plate, slice as you eat.