Our Olive Oil and Herb Spaghetti Recipe is a fresh and simple to make especially for all those pasta lovers out there! Pasta with olive oil herbs is heaven in the summertime when garden herbs are bursting a plenty. Today’s Herb Pasta can be also be prepared as pasta with dried herbs–I love that it’s so versatile. Pasta with herbs and olive oil is a light dinner and sure to be enjoyed by everyone at your table!
Why we love our Olive Oil and Herb Spaghetti
I love a light and refreshing dish in the summer when the weather is hot, hot, hot and the last thing I feel doing is rolling out a heavy meal. I also love to not heat up the kitchen so our Olive Oil and Herb Spaghetti Recipe is just perfecto!
All we now is a glass of lovely chilled white white. . . I’m thinking a Chardonnay would be just right.
Another idea for preserving Basil Quick and Easy Pesto and Freezing Tips
Olive oil pasta is wonderful too so if you’d rather not add the fresh herbs or dried herbs- which are always an option then just add sea salt and fresh cracked pepper it’s fabulouso!
Keep reading for tips on how to freeze your herbs for easy use all year!
Tips & Tricks Olive Oil and Herb Spaghetti Recipe
• I just can’t get enough of my fresh herbs right now and wanted to share the easiest and tastiest spaghetti with you all.
• I used whole wheat spaghetti noodles, but really any thin pasta will do.
• Simply boil your noodles (I always use chicken broth instead of water for a little added flavor), strain and rinse, and then toss with olive oil, chopped fresh herbs, salt and pepper and toss with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
• It is so easy and besides the small investment in chicken broth, it is pretty inexpensive if you already have the fresh herbs on hand.
Think you can’t enjoy your fresh herbs year-round? Well, think again!
• Preserving your herbs for year-round use is so easy and only involves an ice cube tray and some olive oil.
• Just add fresh chopped herbs to each compartment and fill with olive oil and freeze.
• Just like that! So easy!
• After they are frozen, pop them out and store them in a plastic freezer bag and use them as pan starters
• Or for this dish, just cook your noodles and while hot drop one or two cubes onto the pasta and let melt and then stir to combine and season.
• I mean, seriously! This is a no-brainer!
Here’s another popular quick and easy pasta dinner idea– Bruschetta Pasta Recipe
Olive Oil and Herb Spaghetti Recipe
Our Olive Oil and Herb Spaghetti Recipe is a fresh and simple to make especially for all those pasta lovers out there!
- 1 pound whole wheat spaghetti
- 4-6 quarts low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons good Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup freshly chopped herbs; rosemary, thyme, basil, oregano
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Dried Herb option:
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- Cook pasta according to directions on box replacing water with chicken broth. Strain noodles and place in a large bowl.
- Toss with olive and herbs and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 503Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 538mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 5gSugar: 3gProtein: 36g
More Pasta Recipes
• Hearty Ratatouille with Penne Pasta
• Sun-dried Tomato, Artichoke, Mushroom Alfredo Pasta
• Italian Artichoke Chicken Pasta
• Chicken Marsala with Linguini
Olive Oil and Herb Spaghetti Recipe just making your mouths water?I love light and fresh pasta dishes this time of year!
One more thing before you go…
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends.
Our hearts sing when you do.
We SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here. Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: email@example.com. We’re excited to see you again soon!
Cooking with Ruthie on Instagram
Cooking with Ruthie on Pinterest
Cooking with Ruthie on Facebook
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Ruthie & Madeliene
This recipe was contributed by Amanda at High Heels to Hot Wheels
Melanie @ Just Some Salt and Pepper says
This seems so simple and delicious! I love the tip of boiling the pasta in chicken broth, I never thought of that!