Olive Oil and Herb Spaghetti Recipe is a fresh and simple to make especially for all those pasta lovers out there! Pasta with olive oil and herbs is just plain heaven in the summer when all the garden herbs are bursting a plenty. Olive oil pasta is wonderful too so if you’d rather not add the fresh herbs or dried herbs- which are always an option then just add sea salt and fresh cracked pepper it’s fabulouso! Pasta with herbs and olive oil is a light dinner and sure to be enjoyed by everyone at your table! Keep reading for tips on how to freeze your herbs for easy use all year!
Olive Oil and Herb Spaghetti Recipe
I love a light and refreshing dish in the summer when the weather is hot, hot, hot and the last thing I feel doing is rolling out a heavy meal. I also love to not heat up the kitchen so our Olive Oil and Herb Spaghetti Recipe is just perfecto! All we now is a glass of lovely chilled white white. . . I’m thinking a Chardonnay would be just right.
Tips & Tricks Olive Oil and Herb Spaghetti Recipe
• I just can’t get enough of my fresh herbs right now and wanted to share the easiest and tastiest spaghetti with you all.
• I used whole wheat spaghetti noodles, but really any thin pasta will do.
• Simply boil your noodles (I always use chicken broth instead of water for a little added flavor), strain and rinse, and then toss with olive oil, chopped fresh herbs, salt and pepper and toss with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
• It is so easy and besides the small investment in chicken broth, it is pretty inexpensive if you already have the fresh herbs on hand.
Think you can’t enjoy your fresh herbs year-round? Well, think again!
• Preserving your herbs for year-round use is so easy and only involves an ice cube tray and some olive oil.
• Just add fresh chopped herbs to each compartment and fill with olive oil and freeze.
• Just like that! So easy!
• After they are frozen, pop them out and store them in a plastic freezer bag and use them as pan starters
• Or for this dish, just cook your noodles and while hot drop one or two cubes onto the pasta and let melt and then stir to combine and season.
• I mean, seriously! This is a no-brainer!
If you love Olive Oil & Herb Spaghetti you’ll love these other recipes too:
- - 1 pound whole wheat spaghetti
- - 4-6 quarts low-sodium chicken broth
- - 3 tablespoons good Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- - 1/3 cup freshly chopped herbs, rosemary, thyme, basil, oregano
- - Salt & pepper to taste
- - Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to directions on box replacing water with chicken broth. Strain noodles and place in a large bowl.
- Toss with olive and herbs and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and serve.
Olive Oil and Herb Spaghetti recipe just making your mouths water?I love light and fresh pasta dishes this time of year… AND quick to make is always a plus too!
We love to hear about your magical cooking moments. . . if you get a chance to make this recipe leave us a comment or tag us on Instagram @cookingwithruthie so we can share the joy of cooking with you!
One more thing before you go!. . . be inspired with CWR Recipe, Travel, and a variety of Etceteras every week by signing up to receive our emails! Click here to subscribe. We send out our newest posts, a collection of our latest favorites, and more! We love to stay connected with you.
Ruthie & Madeliene
This recipe was from Amanda at High Heels to Hot Wheels today!