I LOVE to make homemade spaghetti sauce when our garden is on and I have tonz of fresh vegetables to play with, but when it’s wintertime I fall back on these Quick Spaghetti and Focaccia Bread recipes!
Quick Spaghetti is waayyy better than anything from a jar and nearly as speedy to throw together! We like it on whole grain pasta, throw in a can of your favorite veggie, bread in the oven and dinner’s on the table in 10 minutes flat!!
These recipes are easy to keep on hand… they’re both quick and simple to throw together on a crazy busy day! AND they’re also YUMMY : )
These recipes are quick and easy to make with ingredients that can be kept on hand… I rely on Quick Spaghetti and Focaccia Bread when I need a quick, easy, and yummy dinner on the spot!
So, the next time you’ve got 80 places to be in 10 minutes… throw together Quick Spaghetti and Focaccia Bread : )
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1 /2 cups water
- 8 ounce tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 packet spaghetti sauce mix, I like McCormick Italian Style
- 1 package whole grain pasta prepared to package directions
- For Focaccia:
- 1 canned french bread loaf
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- In a large fry pan brown meat and onion. Drain fat.
- Add garlic and mushrooms cook until mushrooms soften.
- Add water, tomato sauce, tomato paste, sauce packet.
- Bring to boil; cover.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over whole grain pasta.
- For Focaccia:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray, unroll and spread dough out flat.
- Poke every 1 inch with the end of a wooden spoon.
- Spread oil on the the dough evenly.
- Sprinkle spice evenly across dough.
- Bake 375 degrees for 10 minutes. Serve warm.