I’m so happy to have Miss Julie here from Confessions of a Cooking Diva to share a savory recipe with us~
Spaghetti Carbonara and it looks AH-mazing!!! Enjoy…
Spaghetti Carbonara is a rich and decadent pasta dish that will leave everyone swooning at the kitchen table.
Hello! I’m back with a great recipe, Spaghetti Carbonara. A rich, cheesy, decadent pasta dish.
Have you seen the movie Something’s Gotta Give? It’s a great movie with Diane Keaton and Jack Nicholson. One of the scenes in the movie involves them in the kitchen in the middle of the night making Spaghetti Carbonara. It was that scene that put me on my quest to finding the perfect recipe.
My quest has come to an end and I’m here to share with you what I’ve come up with. Spaghetti Carbonara is one of those dishes that is perfect for a quick weeknight dinner or to feed a crowd. Everyone loves it, you can make a lot of it and it’s super quick to put together.
I hope you give this one a try, your family will thank you for it!
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- 8 slices of bacon cooked and chopped
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 1/4 cup of butter cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 eggs room temperature, beaten
- Parley just a few dashes
- 1 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- Heat oil in a medium-sized skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until softened. Around 5 minutes.
- Add the butter, white wine, salt, pepper and heat through, but not to a boil. Cook for two minutes and then remove from the heat.
- With tongs place the spaghetti into the skillet and lightly toss in the mixture till well coated. Add the eggs and continue tossing for about a minute or until the sauce thickens. Sprinkle with the Parsley and then the Parmesan Cheese. Toss again.
- Sprinkle the bacon over the spaghetti and serve.
Enjoy a few more recipes from Julie…