Crock-pot Cranberry Orange Bread
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 4 hours
Total Time 4 hours 20 minutes
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup milled flax seed
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons plain non-fat greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons orange zest, 2 oranges
- 3/4 cup orange juice, approx 1 1/2 oranges
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped apple, I used yellow delicious
- 1 cup chopped fresh cranberries or 1/2 C dried cranberries
- Preheat slow cooker on high.
- Spray with cooking spray 8x4 loaf pan (or whatever similar size will fit in your crock-pot).
- In a large mixing bowl combine flours, flax seed, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, sugar; mix until combined.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine oil, yogurt, vanilla, egg, orange zest, orange juice; mix well.
- Make a well in the center of dry ingredients, pour wet ingredients into well, mix until 80% combined.
- Add chopped apples and cranberries; mix just until combined.
- Do not over mix; under mixing is preferable so dough doesn't get tough.
- Place batter into prepared baking dish.
- Cover tightly with foil.
- Place in crock-pot, pour boiling water around baking dish and 1 inch up the sides of dish.
- Cover with lid and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Remove from slow cooker with a metal spatula and hot pads!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 338Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 268mgCarbohydrates: 66gFiber: 6gSugar: 36gProtein: 6g
Crock-pot Cranberry Orange Bread… would be totally fabulous as a side to any dinner or delicious idea for a brunch too. This is a very favorite of our family and I hope you all love it too!
I’m excited to have our family and friends over for Thanksgiving Dinner in a couple of days! What a wonderful time of year… I LOVE the holidays!
- Feta and Pistachio Avocado Toast Recipe
- Homemade Flour Tortillas Recipe
- Cranberry White Chocolate Artisan Bread Recipe
- French Baguette Recipe & Sacré-Cœur, Paris
- Smoked Gouda and Chive Sourdough Artisan Loaf
- Grandma Linda’s Rolls Recipe
- Quick Spaghetti and Focaccia Bread
- Whole Wheat 12 hour Butterhorn Dinner Rolls