Coconut Yogurt Zucchini Bread
I shared this recipe over at Remodelaholic last week and I wanted to share with all of you too! We loved, loved, loved this bread AND my husbands office loved it too… he shared a loaf at an office meeting and it was a hit!
In our neck of the woods, fall is in the air and the temperatures are beginning to cool down and that means our garden is beginning to come to end. Our zucchini plants, however, are still growing strong… probably like a lot of yours too! So, I thought it would be fun to share a delicious zucchini recipe to give you a fresh idea for how to use some up.
This bread is moist and delicious AND healthy too! I always try to make my recipes as healthy as possible while still keeping all the flavor!
- 1 1/2 C all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 C whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 C brown sugar
- 1/2 C white sugar
- 1/2 C coconut spread or oil, melted (or canola oil)
- 1 C plain non-fat greek yogurt
- 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites, to reduce fat/cholesterol
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 C shredded zucchini, squeezed and drained
- 2 C shredded sweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray with cooking spray 2- 9x5 loaf pans.
- Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg.
- Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine brown sugar, white sugar, greek yogurt, coconut spread, eggs, vanilla; mix until combined.
- Add zucchini, mix until incorporated. Add flour mixture 1 C at a time, mixing with each addition.
- Add coconut, mix well.
- Evenly pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes our clean. Cool 10 minutes in pans on rack, invert and remove loaves, cool completely.
- Slice and Serve!
*I adapted this recipe from two peas and their pod
While were thinking about delicious sweet breads and autumn baking check out these other yummy autumn recipes too…
Coconut Yogurt Zucchini Bread is just wonderful and even better the second day when the flavors all have a chance to enrich and meld a little bit!
I hope you have a wonderful Friday!!! Yay…