Zucchini Oat Bread is moist and flavorful and with only 2 Tablespoons of butter in the whole loaf… you just can’t go wrong!
- 1 1/2 C sugar
- 2 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 1/2 C flour
- 1 C whole oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 1 C applesauce
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 C zucchini, unpeeled and shredded
- 1 C nuts, chopped (optional)
- 1 C golden raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat 9x5 loaf pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a small bowl combine 1 Tbsp sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine remaining cinnamon, flour, oats, baking powder, salt, and baking soda; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl beat eggs for 2 minutes or until foamy.
- Add remaining sugar, applesauce, butter, and vanilla; mix well.
- Add flour mixture slowly; mix just until combined. Hand stir in zucchini, nuts, and raisins. Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- Bake 1 hour and 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center removes clean.
- Cool on rack for 10 minutes, remove from pan, cool on rack.
We currently have zucchini’s growing out of our ears… I love to garden and look forward to making all kinds of yummy loaves each year…
Zucchini Oat Bread is definitely getting added to the make-again-next-year list!
I hope you all joined in on the WCWR’s 2nd anniversary giveaway and celebration that started last Sunday- make sure to get in on all the fabulous prizes 🙂