Zucchini Oat Bread is moist and flavorful and with only 2 Tablespoons of butter in the whole loaf… you just can’t go wrong!
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup whole oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup applesauce
- 2 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cup zucchini, unpeeled and shredded
- 1 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
- 1 cup golden raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat 9x5 loaf pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a small bowl combine 1 Tbsp sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine remaining cinnamon, flour, oats, baking powder, salt, and baking soda; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl beat eggs for 2 minutes or until foamy.
- Add remaining sugar, applesauce, butter, and vanilla; mix well.
- Add flour mixture slowly; mix just until combined. Hand stir in zucchini, nuts, and raisins. Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- Bake 1 hour and 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center removes clean.
- Cool on rack for 10 minutes, remove from pan, cool on rack.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 457Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 404mgCarbohydrates: 81gFiber: 4gSugar: 44gProtein: 10g
We currently have zucchini’s growing out of our ears… I love to garden and look forward to making all kinds of yummy loaves each year…
Zucchini Oat Bread is definitely getting added to the make-again-next-year list!
I hope you all joined in on the WCWR’s 2nd anniversary giveaway and celebration that started last Sunday- make sure to get in on all the fabulous prizes 🙂