I love the fall because it’s pretty hard to beat a fresh-off-the-tree apple and of course I find lots of yummy ways to bake them up too!
This recipe has two of my favorite fruits— Apples and Banana’s. I love them both so combining them in a delicious and healthy loaf was a no brainer…
This Apple Banana Bread recipe is going to be come a fall favorite around your house too! Promise.
- 1 3/4 C whole wheat flour
- 1 3/4 C all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1 C white sugar
- 1 C brown sugar
- 4 eggs, or for even lower fat/cholesterol use 2 whole eggs and 4 egg whites
- 1/4 C butter, melted
- 1/3 C applesauce
- 6 Tablespoons lowfat milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 large overripe bananas, mashed
- 2 large fuji apples, cored and chopped
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Coat two- 9x4 loaf pans with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine flours, sugars, baking soda, salt, cinnamon; stir to combine.
- In a large mixing bowl combine eggs, butter, applesauce, milk, and vanilla; mix.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients 1 C at at time; just until combined.
- Stir in bananas and apples; mix to distribute,
- Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted removes clean.
You’re going to absolutely LOVE these Apple Banana Bread loaves!
Then you’ll be SO happy that you have two loaves and not just one to enjoy… they freeze well for up to a month, just in case you wanted to save some for later 🙂
Happy Thursday and Happy Cooking,
PS- I shared this recipe over at Or so she says too 🙂
- Feta and Pistachio Avocado Toast Recipe
- Homemade Flour Tortillas Recipe
- Cranberry White Chocolate Artisan Bread Recipe
- French Baguette Recipe & Sacré-Cœur, Paris
- Smoked Gouda and Chive Sourdough Artisan Loaf
- Kneaders Recipe Rosemary Focaccia Bread Recipe
- Whole Wheat and Cinnamon Brioche Loaf Recipe
- Grandma Linda’s Rolls Recipe