Today… I’m thrilled to be part of a blog tour for Six Sisters Stuff new cookbook!
(don’t miss a chance to win 1 of 10 copies of this book by entering at the end of the post)
I can’t tell you how packed-with-fun-and-yummy ideas it is.
I dog earred nearly the entire thing and wish I could share every recipe with y’all. But since I get to share just one… you’ll need to run out and get a copy for yourselves 🙂
I’m always looking for new ways to use up overripe bananas, so when I ran into this recipe I just had to give it a try…
Banana Cookies with Banana Frosting are a scrumptious way to use up over-ripe bananas.
Y’all know how I roll with reducing fat and cholesterol in my recipes so I took the liberty to “skinny” this one down a bit too.
- 1 C granulated sugar
- 1/4 C butter, softened
- 1/2 C fat free plain greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 whole egg
- 2 egg whites
- 3 ripe, mashed bananas
- 1/2 C lowfat milk
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 1/4 C all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 3-4 C powdered sugar, depending on the consistency you like
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl cream together sugar, butter, greek yogurt, vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and bananas; mix until combined.
- Add milk.
- Add dry ingredients all at once and mix just until combined.
- Do not over beat, it will be sticky.
- Drop tablespoon onto cookie sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake 9-10 minutes or until edges are slightly browned and tops are set.
- Cool completely on wire racks.
- Frost with Banana Frosting.
- Mix all ingredients together and spread over cooked cookies.
* adapted from Six Sister Stuff
I’ll NEVER tell how many of these delicious little cookies I ate… Mmmm hmmm. YUM!
You’ll totally love these Banana Cookies with Banana Frosting soooo much too.
AND as a bonus for the book tour they are giving away a 10 of these fabulous cookbooks so be sure and get entered in the Rafflecopter entry below.
Happy Baking and Happy Thursday!