Healthy Banana Nut Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies- you’ll never guess they’re a healthier cookie cuz they taste completely amazing!
I’m a sucker for a good cookie 🙂
Who isn’t? I love them even more when I know they’re pretty darn healthy for me too. Healthy Banana Nut Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies are packed with oats, whole wheat flour, applesauce, banana, dark chocolate, and nuts! That’s cholesterol cleaning, antioxidants, and really great nutrition- all in a good tasting little cookie! Yummmmm.
- 7 cups whole rolled oats
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 cup applesauce
- 2 bananas, mashed (1 cup)
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups sliced almonds
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Coat half sheet pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine applesauce, banana, butter; mix.
- Add brown sugar, and vanilla; mix to combine.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing and scraping bowl with each addition.
- Add flour, baking soda, and sea salt; mix until 80% incorporated.
- Add oats in three small batches mixing between batches.
- Do not over mix.
- Add chocolate, cranberries, and nuts; stir to incorporate.
- Drop cookies onto prepared pan by the tablespoon or use a large cookie scoop.
- Bake at 350 for 12-15 min or until edges are crispy and lightly browned.
- Store in airtight container.
- Dough can be frozen for two months or last one week in the fridge.
- Baked cookies freeze well for up to 2 months.
- Makes approx 50 cookies.
- *Stevia can also replace the brown sugar in equal parts if desired
Banana Nut Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies freeze really well for 4-6 weeks. I love to have some on hand for when my sweet tooth kicks in (usually around 10pm) or to grab on my way out the door for a hike with my doggies. It’s the perfect snack too so if you have left hanging around after day just pop them in the freezer and save them for later!
Enjoy some Banana Nut Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies with a tall glass of milk this afternoon!
Much Love and Peace~