Life around our house is busy, busy- we are all in school and sometimes it seems like I can hardly keep up 🙂 I really like to have tasty and healthy after school snacks around for us all when we get home from those busy, busy days.
Chocolate, Almond, Banana Bites are the perfect answer to that dilemma! You’re whole family will love them so much…
- 2 bananas
- 1 C dark or milk chcocolate chips
- 1/4 C rough chopped almonds
- 8 wooden skewers
- parchment paper
- Place chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl, microwave 30 seconds, stir well, microwave 15 seconds more, stir well.
- Microwave additional 15 seconds if nessesary or until chocolate is smooth and no bumps remain.
- Place almonds in shallow bowl.
- Place parchment paper on a plate or small baking dish that will fit in the freezer.
- Break each banana into 4 sections.
- Inset wooden skewer into the top of each section.
- Dip each banana section half way into chocolate.
- Dip into almonds, place on parchment paper.
- Repeat with remaining sections until all dipped.
- Place into freezer and allow to freeze solid- approx 3 hours.
- Once frozen enjoy and save any leftovers in a freezer baggie.
I know you’ll enjoy these Chocolate, Almond, Banana Bites with your families this school year!
I’m so excited to be in Seattle with the Girard’s Culinary Collection team- I can’t wait to meet the other winners and enjoy lots of fun foodie times with the Girards Chefs and learn a ton at the International Food Bloggers Conference! Keep up with this fun adventure via some of my social media– Facebook, Twitter and Instagram!
Happiest of Friday’s to you!