Healthy Orange Granitas… These cute little guys taste SO good! Oh my. No one will EVER guess they’re healthy.
Win-win, right 🙂
These tasty treats are so fun and easy to make plus, it’s an awesome recipe to let the kids help out with too.
- 4 oranges
- 1 cup water
- 3-4 tablespoons agave or honey, depending on desired sweetness
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- zest from tops of oranges
- Clean and wash oranges.
- Cut off top 1/4 of orange (reserve) and a thin sliver from the bottom of orange so it will stand up straight.
- Using a grapefruit spoon carefully scoop out flesh with juices and collect in a bowl.
- Place oranges on a flat plate and freeze.
- Pour scooped out orange and juice into blender, pulse until pureed.
- Add water, agave, lemon juice; pulse to combine.
- Zest tops of oranges that were removed add to blender, adjust sweetness, pour into 10x15 pan so liquid is approx 1 inch deep.
- Place in freezer.
- Freeze for 2-3 hours, scraping with 2 forks every 30 minutes to break up ice.
- When granita is frozen, rake until glittery.
- Scoop into frozen orange shells and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 157Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 5mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 4gSugar: 31gProtein: 2g
You won’t even believe how fast these frozen little treats will disappear! They’re a lot like shaved ice, only healthy for you and your family.
- Blackberry Pear Mimosa Recipe
- Cherry & Pistachio Brownies Recipe
- Maple & Pecan Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
- Jalapeño Honey Cornbread Recipe
- Pappardelle with Asparagus, Mushroom, and Ricotta Recipe
- Starbucks Chocolate Smoothie Recipe
- Tiffany Blue Frosting Recipe
- Crema Catalan
- Orange Chocolate Smoothie Recipe
- Browned Butter Broccoli with Mizithra Cheese Recipe
- Toasted Coconut Caramel Popcorn
- Skinny Pumpkin Fluff Recipe