Cranberry Orange Quick-Bread Recipe is sure to be an added delight this holiday season! Our quick bread recipe is really quick and easy to make; however, it tastes like you spent all day on it! It has white and wheat flours, chia seeds, flax seed, coconut oil, honey, egg, spices, orange juice (and zest), and fresh cranberries! Today’s cranberry orange quick bread is moist and ever so lovely because it’s all sealed in tight during the baking in a dutch oven! Our Cranberry Orange Quick-Bread is begging to become a part of your holiday baking this year.
2 claps for Fit Friday with Miss Nichole from Pure Clean Coaching, today! So happy that she comes every week to share her awesome fitness knowledge with us! If you want check out more of our Fit Friday posts then CLICK HERE!
Ingredients for Cranberry Orange Quick-Bread Recipe
Cranberry Orange Quick-Bread Recipe is filled with all kinds of fabulously healthy ingredients. And it most definitely has the taste and the flavors we adore during this festive time of year! Plus, it’s simple to make too. It tastes like all kinds of AHhhhh-mazing!
- Whole Wheat Flour- naturally has the level of fiber found in wheat, while most of the fiber has been removed from white flour during processing. Fiber is an important part of your diet, as it prevents constipation, helps control blood sugar, wards off heart disease, and even assists in weight-loss management.
- Honey- has high levels of monosaccharides, fructose, and glucose, and it contains about 70 to 80 percent sugar, which provides its sweetness. Honey also has antiseptic and antibacterial properties. Modern medical science has managed to find uses for honey in chronic wound management and combating infection.
- Chia Seeds- Despite their small size, chia seeds are full of important nutrients. They are an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, rich in antioxidants, and they provide fiber, iron, and calcium. Omega-3 fatty acids help raise HDL cholesterol, the “good” cholesterol that protects against heart attack and stroke.
- Milled flaxseed- is also a great source of lignans, which are a powerful antioxidant that helps your body maintain a healthy blood cholesterol level, high in Omega 3 Fatty Acids, high in dietary fiber, helps reduce blood pressure, and improves cholesterol.
- Coconut Oil- Contains healthy fatty acids. May boost heart health. May encourage fat burning. May have antimicrobial effects. May reduce hunger. May reduce seizures. May raise HDL (good) cholesterol. May protect your skin, hair, and teeth.
- Oranges- are a source of potassium, and getting enough dietary potassium decreases dental inflammation, reduces hypertension, and prevents tooth loss. Protect your liver with clementines: Clementines contain choline, a B vitamin that aids in healthy liver function.
- Cranberries- Many people consider cranberries to be a superfood due to their high nutrient and antioxidant content. In fact, research has linked the nutrients in cranberries to a lower risk of urinary tract infection (UTI), the prevention of certain types of cancer, improved immune function, and decreased blood pressure.
- Leavener- We are using Baking Soda today. . . Both baking powder and baking soda are chemical leavening agents that cause batters to rise when baked. The leavener enlarges the bubbles which are already present in the batter produced through creaming of ingredients.
Today’s Cranberry Orange Quick-Bread Recipe
Cranberry Orange Quick-Bread is a recipe you’ll make again and again! Try making it with different seasonal ingredients too. It’s simple to do by just replacing the cranberries with apples, pears, blueberries, or strawberries… just to start your creativity flowing! 🙂
Hello all! This month I am doing what many of you are doing, and that is focusing on things I am grateful for. Today I am grateful for strong legs that carry me through all the miles. Those miles have brought me peace of mind, smiles, laughs, conversations, and friends. To show my gratitude for strong legs and running this week we are focusing on a running circuit.
It is cold so I will be taking this workout indoors to a treadmill, if you are lucky enough to live in a warm areas, or are much tougher than I am, where the track is readily available that is a great option too. Remember; .25 on treadmill = 400 meters = 1 lap around the track.
Bake up one of our Cranberry Orange Quick-Bread Recipe & more holiday dessert recipes to inspire your baking!
- Holiday Cadbury Chip Cookies
- Gingerbread Cake with White Chocolate Ganache
- Cranberry Orange Coffee Cake
- Peppermint White Chocolate Sugar Cookie Bars
- Cranberry Apple Hand Pies
- Pear Upside-Down Bundt Cake Recipe
- Apple Cinnamon Cream Cheese Pastries
- Nutella Pastry Stars
- Cinnamon Roll Kabobs
I love the cast iron cookware in these pictures. They are from Barebones Living and I’m lucky they have a store right here in SLC, Utah. They’ve got everything outdoors AND it’s outlet pricing (a better value than online), so you can have a personal experience! They also have dutch oven cooking classes too! They are truly a company with a huge heart, as their helping hand reaches throughout the world donating safe shelters in Puerto Rico, Syria, Nepal, and more.
- 1 cup unbleached white flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup milled flaxseed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 3 tablespoon orange zest, approx 2 oranges
- 3/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cranberries
- 2 tablespoons sparkling sugar, for garnish
- Preheat oven with dutch oven crock inside to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl combine white flour, whole wheat flour, milled flaxseed, chia seeds, baking powder, sea salt, and cinnamon; whisk to combine.
- In additional mixing bowl combine coconut oil, honey, egg; stir.
- Add orange zest, orange juice, and vanilla; stir.
- Make a well in the center of dry ingredients, pour wet ingredients into well and stir until 80% incorporated.
- Add 1 cup chopped cranberries, mix just to distribute being careful not to over mix- a few lumps are okay.
- Carefully and quickly pour/smooth batter into hot dutch oven crock, replace lid, and cook 20-22 minutes until center is set and edges are lightly browned.
- Sprinkle loaf with sparkling sugar and allow to cool in crock for 10 minutes.
- Gently using 2 wooden spoon transfer loaf to cooling rack and cool completely.
- Slice and Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 274Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 214mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 4gSugar: 28gProtein: 5g
Cranberry Orange Quick-Bread is a long time favorite in our family and we hope it becomes a fave in yours!
We love to hear about your magical cooking moments. If you get a chance to make our recipes then leave us a comment or tag us on Instagram @cookingwithruthie, pin us on Pinterest, or follow along with us on Facebook so we can share in the joy of cooking with you! Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re excited to see you again soon!
One more thing before you go…
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you!! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends! Our hearts sing when you do. We SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here.
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Nichole, Ruthie, & Madeliene
- 12 Grilled Cheese Sandwiches; Savory & Sweet
- Cauliflower Cheese Soup w/ Grilled Cheese Croutons Recipe
- Whole Grain Artisan Bread Recipe
- Chocolate Bundt Cake with Chocolate Ganache Recipe
- Papaya Pineapple Salsa Recipe
- Chocolate Raspberry Protein Smoothie Recipe
- Achiote Hot Sauce
- Pineapple Italian Ice Recipe