Do you ever crave the crunch of Biscotti? I do! I’ve sure come to love all sorts of varieties of these crunchy little cookies.
Did you give the Almond Biscotti recipe a try? Dipping them in chocolate is cute way to fancy them up BUT, you don’t have to… they’re fabulous all by themselves too.
This Nutella Biscotti recipe is the best of both worlds… hazelnuts mixed with chocolate is sure hard to beat 🙂
- 2 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp baking cocoa
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 3 large eggs, or 1 whole egg and 3 egg whites for lower fat/cholesterol
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup nutella
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup hazelnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat eggs in a large bowl until frothy.
- Add sugar and continue beating on high setting for 2 minutes.
- Beat in nutella.
- Add flour mixture to egg mixture and stir until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips and hazelnuts
- Divide dough into 2 or 3 logs with well floured hands and arrange on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Shape into rectangles roughly ½ inch thick.
- (Use wet hands for easier shaping)
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- Remove logs from oven.
- Turn oven down to 300 degrees.
- Using a serrated knife, cut logs into 1/2 inch slices.
- Place flat side down on baking sheet and return to oven.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, turn biscotti over and bake an additional 10-12 minutes (depending on thickness of slices).
- Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- Store in an airtight container.
Nutella Biscotti are especially tasty dipped into which ever hot beverage you enjoy!
Biscotti has a really long shelf life, so don’t be afraid to make a full batch of them- just keep them in an air tight container and they will last forever… or close to it 🙂
I hope your week is going well… Happy Thursday!