A couple of weeks ago I went to a local Foodie Blogger event that was hosted by Lagrima Vanilla Company.
I was SO impressed with this vanilla- it even has vanilla beans right in each bottle! I LOVE that it’s pure and made with care. Oh and I can’t forget fabulous tasting too!
This is a photo of the owner, Neil, who baked and ate and hung out with us. He’s such a genuine and nice guy and excited to be sharing he and his wife’s passion for this product….
Neil shared his family’s recipe for Almond Biscotti– when I got home I added the holiday flair AND let me tell you, the whole combination will just knock your socks right off 🙂
Holiday Almond Biscotti is perfect with your coffee or tea or even hot chocolate. (okay, all by themselves too!)
- 1 C sugar
- 1/2 C butter, melted
- 2 tsp pure almond extract
- 1 tsp pure Lagrima Vanilla
- 1 C toasted almonds, coarse chopped
- 3 eggs
- 2 3/4 C flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 C white chocolate chips, melted
- 1/2 C crushed mini candy canes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together sugar, butter, extracts in a large bowl.
- Mix in the almonds and eggs.
- Fold in flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Cover and chill 30 minutes.
- With hands moistened with water, divide dough into 2 loaves. (will be sticky)
- Place on parchment lined half sheet pan.
- Shape into 4 inches wide and 8 inches long loaves (approx).
- Bake 30 minutes, or until golden.
- Cool on wire rack 15 minutes.
- Cut into 3/4 inch slices.
- Place cut side down on baking sheet.
- Bake additional 20 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Dip in melted white chocolate place on parchment paper, sprinkle with crushed candy canes.
- Cool until set and enjoy!
Here’s a photo of our Biscotti group… actually, Krista did most of the mixing while the rest of talked- I helped out a little by shaping the loaves 🙂
Here’s the exciting part!!
Lagrima is hosting a fabulous giveaway for you to have the chance to win a bottle of this amazing vanilla. AND even more cool is they’re giving you another bottle to give to a friend! SO AWESOME.
Happy Thursday and Happy Baking!