Chocolate Chip Biscotti is a delicious spin off the classic Italian Cookie!
A really good Biscotti cookie is pretty hard to pass up… especially when served along side your favorite warm beverage!
Italians figured out a really good thing when they invented these little babies. But, I’ve just gotta say that adding in the mini semi-sweet chocolate chips and topping them off with the chocolate drizzle- takes right over the top! Mmmmm hmmm.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips, melted for drizzle
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line half sheet pan with parchment paper. Cream together butter, sugar, in a large bowl. Mix in eggs one at a time, scraping with each addition. Add vanilla; mix. Fold in flour, baking powder, and salt to 80% incorporated. Add mini chocolate chips, gently fold in. Moisten hands with water, divide dough into 2 loaves. (will be sticky)
- Place on prepared pan.
- Shape into 4 inches wide and 8 inches long loaves (approx).
- Bake 30 minutes, or until golden.
- Cool on wire rack 15 minutes.
- Using a serrated knife cut into 3/4 inch slices.
- Place cut side down onto same baking sheet.
- Bake additional 20 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Place biscotti on parchment paper, drizzle with melted chocolate, and allow chocolate to set.
Biscotti Cookies are baked twice with a little cooling time in between… that’s how they get their incredible CRUNCH!
You’ll love how simple they are to make at home- keep them in an air tight container and they’ll keep for several weeks.
Here are a few more delicious cookies from my kitchen for you to enjoy…
Much Love and Peace~