Our Rice Pudding Smoothie Recipe is a delightful and refreshing beverage to blend up anytime! At our house we all love rice pudding and our love of it is what inspired todays recipe. It’s a spin on the classic pudding dish because I took the same ingredients to the blender. . . rice, raisins, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, and added rice milk and ice to make our Rice Pudding Smoothie. We’re pretty sure it will wow all your tastes buds to become your family’s new favorite smoothie!
It’s Fri-YAY!! Which means… It’s Fit Friday! Whooop Whooop! Miss Nichole from Pure Clean Fitness has got the workout that we need to start our weekend off in the right way.
Bring the family together with our Rice Pudding Smoothie Recipe!
Rice Pudding Smoothie is sooo refreshing during these hot and fantastic summer months! I don’t know many people who don’t absolutely love rice pudding. This is such a fun twist to rice pudding that you have got to try. When I was a live in nanny, the dad would make rice pudding for all of us. It was such a fun way for us to bond at night, after a long day of everyone being out of the house. Family time is the most important thing to me! I love to bond and connect over a good smoothie, treat, or meal!
Enjoy our Rice Pudding Smoothie Recipe + some of these too:
- Starbucks Strawberry Smoothie Recipe
- Starbucks Orange Mango Smoothie Recipe
- Banana Nut Smoothie Recipe
- Pineapple Mango Banana Smoothie Recipe
- Carrot, Orange, Ginger Smoothie
- Green Tea Protein Smoothie
- Chocolate Raspberry Protein Smoothie
- Starbucks Chocolate Smoothie Recipe
- Asian Pear and Pomegranate Smoothie
- Mint Raspberry Peach Smoothie
- White Peach, Cucumber, Mint Smoothie
- Strawberry, Citrus, Coconut Oat Smoothie
Try using this Organic Rice Milk!
What’s the difference between a smoothie & a shake + Rice Pudding Smoothie Recipe:
Most people love smoothies and shakes, some don’t really know the differences between them because after all the both cold and refreshing, drinkable, and delicious! In my opinion it all comes down to ice cream. . . yes, it’s true! Smoothies do not have ice cream, candy bars, cookies or pies in them. Smoothies are filled with healthy for you ingredients like fruit and veggies and healthier forms of protein and dairy.
Don’t get me wrong. . . I enjoy them both as probably most of you do too! I just enjoy smoothies on a more regular basis and shakes wellllll they’re a more special occasion or dessert kind of treat.
Smoothie 101 + Rice Pudding Smoothie Recipe!
- Invest in a heavy duty blender; I’ve used a Blend Tec for well over a century now and I love it! It’s powerful enough to blend frozen fruit and vegetables smooth, smooth, smooth!
- I prefer using frozen fruits and vegetables in my smoothies so they have a thicker consistency.
- Freeze extra fruits and vegetables as they are just beginning to turn over-ripe; I use gallon plastic zip top freezer bags to toss them in.
- Freeze fresh produce to use later- I find they last just fine for up to 4 weeks. ie: spinach or mixed salad greens, baby carrots, cucumbers, banana’s broken into four pieces, sliced/cored apples and pears, extra berries, peeled/segmented oranges and clementines, grapes, and the list goes on!
- Extra nutrient add in’s are always good try adding: vanilla and chocolate protein powders, dry oats, a small handful of nuts, peanut butter, flavored yogurt or kefir, and more.
Super food add in’s: gogi berries, coconut oil, avocado, acai or cacoa powder, chia or hemp or flax seeds, etc!
Fit Fri-YAY + Rice Pudding Smoothie Recipe:
Summer is in full swing at my house. This was the first week of no school, sleeping in, lots of friends, and lots of time by the pool. That also means it has been a week of my trying to squeeze in workouts around everyone else’s stuff. My friends with older kids or no kids are off hiking on these summer days and enjoying the season, I have to admit I get a bit jealous as I turn back to wrestling by two year old who has perfect the body slam.
Many of my mornings are busy teaching classes and training clients, this means I don’t have the option to workout out until nap time many days. I have discovered that my five year old thinks Tabata is fun and loves to workout with me, especially if I let him pick some moves. So today we are doing a mid friendly Tabata workout. Kid friendly equates to sticking with the basics and a lot of jumping, he loves to jump.
With warm up and cool down this is a great 30 minute workout. I don’t expect my little guy to hang with me the whole time, but I picked all things that he can do and he hangs with me most of the time. Our warm up and cool down often involve a walk around the block, again I picked something that totally works for his five year old mind.
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice, white or brown
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup rice milk
- 1 1/2 cups ice cubes
- Combine all ingredients in blender; blend until smooth.
- Pour into serving cups add a dash of cinnamon.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 145Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 26mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 2g
Our Rice Pudding Smoothie is a fun alternative on Rice Pudding for summer months!
We love to hear about your magical cooking moments. . . if you get a chance to make our recipes then leave us a comment or tag us on Instagram @cookingwithruthie , pin us on Pinterest , or follow along with us on Facebook so we can share in the joy of cooking with you! Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: [email protected] We’re excited to see you again soon!
One more thing before you go. . .
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you!! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends! Our hearts sing when you do. . . we SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here.
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Ruthie & Madeliene