Our Patriotic Rice Krispie Treats Recipe will get you and the kiddos in the mood for yummy summer-time treats! We love them all year round actually and today, we’re dressing them up a little patriotic for summer. They’ll be a hit at all the kid-friendly parties we will be attending this year! Everyone loves our recipe because our rice krispie treats are made in the microwave and they STAY SOFT! Rice Krispies, marshmallows, and a dab of butter in a microwave safe bowl and you are on your way! The kiddos love to help or maybe they can even make them on their own too since there’s no stove involved it’s really awesome!
Patriotic Rice Krispie Treats + Summer = Happiness!
I’m SO crazy excited that summer is FINALLY here… Yee-haw!! Can y’all believe it? Did you know that Rice Krispie Treats can be made in the microwave? They’re so simple to make that way and since there’s no stove necessary the kids can help too. I found my cute star sprinkles at the local grocery store bakery… they will sell them by weight if you ask and they usually have super cute ones too.
Patriotic Rice Krispie Treats Recipe on FOX13 The Place
We love our Patriotic Rice Krispie Treats so much that we shared them on FOX13 The Place not too long ago. . . we’d love you to whip up a batch right along with us in your very own kitchen! It’s always so much fun cooking in the FOX studio. . . Amanda and Big Budha are the funnest hosts! To see all of our TV Segments just click!
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 16oz package mini marshmallows
- 8 C rice krispie cereal
- 12 oz white chocolate chips
- patriotic sprinkles for garnish
- Coat 15×10 glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Set aside.
- In a large plastic microwaveable bowl place butter and mini marshmallows, microwave 1 minute, stir, microwave 30 seconds, stir well.
- If not completely melted microwave 15 seconds more.
- Stir in half rice krispies; mix well.
- Stir in remaining rice krispies; mix until well coated.
- Pour into baking dish, lightly wet hand with water and press flat into pan.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Invert onto cutting board or piece of parchment paper and give it a giggle to remove treats.
- Cut rice krispie treats into 1 inch thick strips, cut strips in half lengthwise.
- In a small microwave dish melt white chocolate for 30 seconds, stir well, microwave 15 seconds more, stir until smooth.
- Take each treat and cover 3/4 the way with white chocolate.
- Return to parchment paper and add sprinkles.
- Let cool completely.
- Then cover airtight until serving and enjoy!
Patriotic Rice Krispie Treats will be a festive crowd pleaser at any of your get togethers this summer! Enjoy.
We love to hear about your magical cooking moments. . . if you get a chance to make our recipes then leave us a comment or tag us on Instagram @cookingwithruthie , pin us on Pinterest , or follow along with us on Facebook so we can share in the joy of cooking with you! Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: email@example.com. We’re excited to see you again soon!
One more thing before you go. . .
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you!! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends! Our hearts sing when you do. . . we SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here.
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Ruthie & Madeliene
- Buttermilk Greek Yogurt Pancakes Recipe
- Tres Leches Cake with Strawberries Recipe
- Green Chili Black Beans Recipe
- Chinese Pickled Vegetables Recipe
- Spicy Mini Club Crackers Recipe
- Lemon Garlic Steak Marinade Recipe
- Baked Banana Bread Donuts with Browned Butter Glaze Recipe
- Slow Cooker Potato Soup Recipe
- Starbucks Strawberry Smoothie Recipe
- Cafe Rio Sweet Pork (copycat)
- Leftover Turkey Soup Recipe
- Southern Black Beans and Rice Recipe