I’m SO crazy excited that summer is FINALLY here… Yee-haw!! Can y’all believe it?
These Patriotic Rice Krispie Treats will get you and the kiddos in the mood for yummy summer-time treats 🙂
Did you know that Rice Kripsie Treats can be made in the microwave? They’re so simple to make that way and since there’s no stove necessary the kids can help too.
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 (16oz) package mini marshmallows
- 8 C rice krispie cereal
- 12 oz white chocolate chips
- patriotic sprinkles for garnish
- Coat 15×10 glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Set aside.
- In a large plastic microwaveable bowl place butter and mini marshmallows, microwave 1 minute, stir, microwave 30 seconds, stir well.
- If not completely melted microwave 15 seconds more.
- Stir in half rice krispies; mix well.
- Stir in remaining rice krispies; mix until well coated.
- Pour into baking dish, lightly wet hand with water and press flat into pan.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Invert onto cutting board or piece of parchment paper and give it a giggle to remove treats.
- Cut rice krispie treats into 1 inch thick strips, cut strips in half lengthwise.
- In a small microwave dish melt white chocolate for 30 seconds, stir well, microwave 15 seconds more, stir until smooth.
- Take each treat and cover ¾ the way with white chocolate.
- Return to parchment paper and add sprinkles.
- Let cool completely.
- Then cover airtight until serving and enjoy!
Patriotic Rice Krispie Treats will be a festive crowd pleaser at any of your get togethers this summer! Enjoy.
I found my cute star sprinkles at the local grocery store bakery… they’ll sell them by weight if you ask and they usually have super cute ones too.