Everybody loves a Homemade Strawberry Pie in the spring time!
Did you know they’re easy-peasy to make at home? Oh and they taste about a million times better too 🙂
Homemade Strawberry Pie
- 3 lbs fresh strawberries gently washed and hulled.
- cut very large berries in half
- 3/4 C sugar
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tsp sure-jell for low sugar recipes the pink box
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 pre-made 8 inch pie crust or your favorite recipe
- 1 1/2 C berries (pick out the overripe or misshapen), place in blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Combine and mix together sugar, cornstarch, sure-jell, salt in medium sauce pan.
- Add puree and whisk over medium high heat; stirring constantly.
- Bring to a boil, cook 2 minutes or until starch clears and thickens.
- Transfer to large bowl and cool.
- Add lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Gently add berries and stir to coat.
- Gently pour into prepared crust, turn berries so face side down and attractive.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours and serve with in 6 hours.
- Serve with light whip topping.
* this recipe was adapted from browneyedbaker.com
Homemade Strawberry Pie is simple enough for anyone to make and it’s sure make the special people in your life smile!
Here are a couple of other fun ideas to inspire you’re spring baking…
Happy Wednesday and Happy Baking!