Patriotic Parfait is a mouth-watering dessert that’s a lot of fun to serve this time of year… quick, easy, and delicious! Perfect.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 1/4 C sugar
- 1/4 C water
- 1 C fresh blueberries
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 C light cool whip
- 10 oz angel food cake, cut into 1-in cubes
- 2 C strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 C sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 4 8oz canning jars
- ribbons, if desired
- In a small sauce pan, combine water and sugar.
- Bring to boil on high; stir in blueberries, lemon juice, and salt.
- Cook for 30 seconds or until blueberries burst and liquids colors purple.
- Remove from heat.
- Let cool completely.
- In large bowl combine cooled blueberries and cool whip.
- In the bottom of canning jar layer angel food cake, 2 Tbsp strawberries, 2 Tbsp blueberry cool whip.
- Repeat layering again, top with 1 Tbsp toasted coconut.
- Repeat with additional jars.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Patriotic Parfait is the perfect dessert to take along to any BBQ celebrations for the 4th of July that you’ll be going to this year! Delish and lovely all wrapped up in one!
Plus… you’ll just LOVE the whole ‘no cooking’ required part of this recipe 🙂
Happy Monday everybody!! Make it a great one…