It’s FIT FRIDAY around here…
I love to have Nichole from Pure Clean Fitness come to hang out with us!
This week Nichole is sharing an awesome Workout at the track!! A Healthy Recipe from me + Fitness Tips from Nichole= a healthy, happy, balanced life!
Nichole’s Workout at the Track…
We are full of treat for you this week! Ruthie has brought us a yummy treat with her Strawberry Shortcake, one of my favorite summer desserts. Now it is time for a fun treat, an awesome workout! I am still loving this weather, so we are heading to the track for today’s fun treat!
The track is one of my favorite places these days, both for my own workouts but also for bootcamp workouts.
As always you are going to warm up and stretch anything that feels tight. You don’t want to jump right into any workout.
Run 200 m
20 single leg broad jumps (alt legs)
30 step and squat (big step forward then squat)
RPT for 2 full laps
Round 3: Run 400 m
The track is a great place to get creative and get a killer workout!
Ruthie’s Healthy Recipe…
Strawberry Shortcake Parfaits is a fun treat for your end of summer parties! Oh and it’s skinner dessert so it makes it even that much more awesome!!
I can hardly believe summer’s almost over and I’m not quite sure how Labor Day’s just a couple weeks away. I feel like a broken record anymore… how does time go so fast? It won’t be long until the leaves are turning and we are into autumn weather around here. SO, lets get the most out of the last days of summer with these Strawberry Shortcake Parfaits!!
Strawberry Shortcake Parfaits are quick and easy to make plus they can be made ahead, covered with plastic wrap, and kept in the fridge for up to 8 hours. Then before you serve them just add a dollop of whipped topping and two strawberry slices for garnish.
Strawberry Shortcake Parfaits are a dessert that’s easy on the waistline~ Angel food cake is a pretty low calorie cake, light whipped topping and strawberries make this a beautifully light dessert… in texture and calories 🙂
Strawberry Shortcake Parfaits are sure to be adored where ever they are served!
Happy Fit Friday!
Much Love and Peace~
Nichole and Ruthie
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 6 ounce prepared angel food cake loaf
- 2 cups light whipped topping or whipping cream
- 4 pint sized glass jars
- Using a serrated knife slice angel food cake loaf into 1inch cubes.
- Layer angel food, then whipped topping, and strawberry slices in pint sized jars.
- Repeat layers, and end with whipped topping and garnish two strawberry slices.
- *can be assembled up to 8 hours ahead of serving and refrigerated.
- Turkey, Sweet Potato, & Blue Cheese Salad Recipe
- Cherry & Pistachio Brownies Recipe
- Cinnamon Apple Butter Recipe
- Asian Pear and Pomegranate Smoothie Recipe
- Grilled Chicken with Spicy Mayo Sandwich Recipe
- Spicy Tequila Elk Steak Fajitas Recipe
- Banana Pudding in a Jar
- Nutra Ninja Coconut Berry Smoothie Recipe
- Baked Banana Bread Donuts with Browned Butter Glaze Recipe
- Slow Cooker Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe
- Guava Cake
- Festive Ginger Snaps Cookies Recipe