Since it’s almost the 4th of July I thought it’d be fun to share a quick and easy dessert recipe. It’s perfect for your celebration because it’s grilled AND we all love grilling in the heat of the summer!
The recipe is Grilled Strawberry Shortcakes… and let me tell you they are just DELICIOUS!
- 1 store bought shortcake loaf, cut into 2 inch cubes
- 1 2 lb pkg strawberries, washed
- 1 1/2 gal frozen vanilla yogurt or ice cream
- 8 wooden skewers
- Orange Marinade:
- 1/2 tsp orange zest
- 1/2 C orange juice, fresh squeezed
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Spray grill with cooking spray. (so it won't stick)
- Preheat grill, medium high setting.
- Thread alternating strawberries and cake on each wooden skewer.
- Place on the grill, brushing with orange marinade.
- Grill 30-60 seconds per side, until lightly grill marked and warm.
- Serve with vanilla yogurt.
- Combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl; apply as placing skewers on grill, reapply while grilling.
Grilled Strawberry Shortcakes will be a dessert the whole family will love and you will LOVE how simple they are to make!
While we are thinking about fun and delicious summertime recipes here a couple of others you may enjoy for your 4th of July celebration…
Hope you have a wonderful Monday!
- Cherry & Pistachio Brownies Recipe
- Apple Pie Ice Cream Recipe
- Chocolate Chunk Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- Shortbread Cookies Recipe
- Caramel Apple Bundt Cake Recipe
- Strawberries and Cream Baked Donuts
- Strawberry Shortcake Cookies
- Banana Foster Pudding Squares
- Classic Angel Flake Cake (kraft)
- Candy Cane White Chocolate Mini Cheesecakes Recipe
- Skinny Pumpkin Fluff Recipe