Thanksgiving is right around the corner and for all of us ‘Foodies’ out there that means some serious cooking will be going on…
As a kid, I looked forward to this time of year for one reason and one reason only! My Grams Grasshopper Pie! (otherwise known as Creme de Mint Pie).
Y’all that is heaven on a plate right there! YUM.
Creme de Mint Pie and Thanksgiving Faves is a post that’s been rolling around in this head of mine for a couple of weeks now…
Creme de Mint Pie and Thanksgiving Faves
- 24 marshmallows
- 1/2 C milk
- 3 Tbsp Creme de Menthe
- 1 tsp peppermint flavoring
- 1/2 pint cream
- 1 Oreo pre-made crust
- 2 C whipped cream for serving
- chocolate shavings for garnish
- Homemade Oreo Crust:
- 30 Oreo Cookies
- 1/2 cube butter softened
- Place whole cookies in blender pulse until crumbly, add butter and pulse until mixed.
- Pour into pie tin press with measuring cup.
- Ready to use!
- In a large mixing bowl whip cream until stiff peaks form; refrigerate.
- In a double boiler combine marshmallows, milk, creme de menthe; stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in cream.
- Pour into pie crust, cover and freeze until solid. (approx 6-7 hours).
- Slice and serve with additional whip cream and chocolate shavings, if desired. Enjoy!
Gram’s Grasshopper Pie is the pie I grew up on… every year when we would go to Gram’s house for holiday dinners, I would ask her how many pies she’d made. It was always a variety of pecan, pumpkin, fruit, AND the Grasshopper Pie. She always had at least 4 of them tucked away in her freezer AND with 26 grand kids, you’d have to!
Here is an awesome round up of Thanksgiving recipes from my favorite blogging friends and some of our families favorites too…
Check out Thanksgiving Family Faves
I hope you have a fabulous Monday!
Happy Thanksgiving Day Cooking…
PS- this is a sponsored opportunity with Foodie.com