Pumpkin Pie Cake Recipe is ridiculously simple to make plus it tastes just like pumpkin pie! We love it. I especially love that it starts from a yellow cake mix because sometimes I just don’t have the time to bake from scratch. To the cake mix we add a few simple ingredients like butter, pumpkin puree, eggs, cinnamon, brown sugar, and pecans!
Why we love our Pumpkin Pie Cake Recipe
The holidays are a time for gathering together as family so from Thanksgiving to New Years we have all kinds of festive feasting happening. I love this recipe because it’s simple to make but tastes like I put hours of work into it!
All the love and not so much work sometimes is a good thing at the holidays!
Ingredients for Pumpkin Pie Cake Recipe
- yellow cake mix
- canned mashed pumpkin
- white sugar
- ground cinnamon
- evaporated milk
- brown sugar
- pecan pieces, optional
Helpful baking tips for higher elevations
- If you live 3,000 feet above sea level or more it is considered high elevation and may take longer to cook/bake.
- Adjustments are needed for 5000+ feet and above:
- Reduce baking powder: for each teaspoon, decrease 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon.
- Reduce sugar: for each cup, decrease 2 tablespoons.
- Increase liquid: for each cup, add 2 to 4 tablespoons.
- Increase oven temperature by 25 degrees F.
- Check if it is done a little early.
- This takes some trial and error to get it right for you.
Learn more HERE
- Pumpkin Pie Cake
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (29 ounce) canned mashed pumpkin
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray and then dust with flour.
- Reserve 1 cup of cake mix from package.
- In a mixing bowl combine remaining cake mix, melted butter, and 1 egg.
- Press mixture in the bottom of pan and up the sides to form a crust.
- In a large mixing bowl combine pumpkin, eggs, white sugar, cinnamon, and evaporated milk.
- Mix well.
- Pour over crust.
- Combine brown sugar and remaining cake mix.
- Cut in butter using two knives or a pastry blender until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over the filling.
- Top with pecans if desired.
- Bake 50 minutes.
- Cool on a rack.
- Refrigerate until serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 481Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 104mgSodium: 494mgCarbohydrates: 69gFiber: 2gSugar: 48gProtein: 6g
More Pumpkin Recipes
- Chocolate Chunk Pumpkin Overnight Oats
- Skinny Pumpkin Cream Cheese Loaf
- Pumpkin Bars with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
- Pumpkin Pancakes w/ Carmel Cinnamon Syrup
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chunk Biscotti
- Homemade Pumpkin Pie
- Pecan Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
- Pumpkin Pie Galette
- Pumpkin Bars
- Pumpkin Spice Bars
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Dip
- Pumpkin White Chocolate Pistachio Cookies
Our Pumpkin Pie Cake Recipe is a delightful fall dessert that would be fun to take to any occasion this time of year.
One more thing before you go…
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends.
Our hearts sing when you do.
We SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here. Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re excited to see you again soon!
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Ruthie & Madeliene
- Mango, Pineapple, Spinach Smoothie Recipe
- Buttermilk Greek Yogurt Pancakes Recipe
- Tres Leches Cake with Strawberries Recipe
- Green Chili Black Beans Recipe
- Vanilla Cupcake Cocktail Recipe
- Chinese Pickled Vegetables Recipe
- Irish Coffee with Baileys and Kahlua Recipe
- Almond Butter Banana Oat Smoothie Recipe
- Guava Cake
- Pineapple Italian Ice Recipe
- 4th of July Watermelon Appetizer Recipe
- Sweet Potato Pie Recipe