Chocolate Valentines Whoopie Pies Recipe are moist and chocolatey with a pink cream cheese filing which is perfect for giving to your Valentines! Today’s chocolate cookies start off with a chocolate cake mix so they’re really fun to make as a family. If you’re looking for a simple and homemade Valentine’s Day dessert, these whoopie pies are it!
Chocolate Valentine Whoopie Pies Recipe & High Elevation Baking Tips:
- If you live 3,000 feet above sea level or more it is considered high elevation and may take longer to cook/bake.
- Adjustments are needed for 5000+ feet and above:
- Reduce baking powder: for each teaspoon, decrease 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon.
- Reduce sugar: for each cup, decrease 2 tablespoons.
- Increase liquid: for each cup, add 2 to 4 tablespoons.
- Increase oven temperature by 25 degrees F.
- Check if it is done a little early.
- This takes some trial and error to get it right for you.
Learn more HERE
Have fun making our Chocolate Valentine Whoopie Pies Recipe & some of these too!
- 1 15oz dark chocolate cake mix
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- Pink Cream Cheese Filing
- 1 (8ounce) neufatchel cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 cup powdered sugar
- 4-5 drops red food coloring
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl; mix until smooth.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls (will spread) onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 9-10 minutes until spongy to the touch.
- Cool on rack.
- Spread filing on the base of cookies, top with the base of second cookie to form a sandwich.
- *I used a frosting bag and a 2A Wilton tip to pipe the filing.
- In a small mixing bowl combine cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time; mixing with each addition.
- Add food coloring; mix until evenly distributed.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 204Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 106mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 0gSugar: 25gProtein: 1g
Share some home-baked love with our Chocolate Valentine Whoopie Pies Recipe for Valentines Day!
We love to hear about your magical cooking moments. If you get a chance to make our recipes then leave us a comment or tag us on Instagram @cookingwithruthie, pin us on Pinterest, or follow along with us on Facebook so we can share in the joy of cooking with you! Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re excited to see you again soon!
One more thing before you go…
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you!! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends! Our hearts sing when you do. We SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here.
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Ruthie & Madeliene