Chocolate Valentine Whoopie Pies
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1 15oz dark chocolate cake mix
- 1/3 C water
- 1 1/2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp apple sauce
- 2 eggs
- Pink Cream Cheese Filing
- 1 8oz neufatchel cream cheese
- 1/2 C butter, softened
- 4 C powdered sugar
- 4-5 drops red food coloring
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, mix until smooth.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls (will spread) onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 9-10 minutes until spongy to the touch.
- Cool on rack.
- Spread filing on the base of cookies, top with the base of second cookie to form a sandwich.
- *I used a frosting bag and a 2A Wilton tip to pipe the filing.
- In a small mixing bowl combine cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar 1 C at a time; mixing with each addition.
- Add food coloring; mix until evenly distributed.
Chocolate Valentine Whoopie Pies… are quick and easy from a cake mix and a lot of fun to make with the kids too. Enjoy!
Happy Friday! I’ve had a busy couple of days helping my daughter recover from getting her wisdom teeth removed. SO, I didn’t get a post up yesterday… I guess that’s how it goes sometimes 🙂