Chocolate Covered Cherry Bundt Cake is moist, delicious, and a lovely idea for a Valentines dinner dessert… and MAYBE there’ll be enough left over to share a little with the kids 🙂
K… and I also LOVE that there’s not any oil in the cake! The frosting is another story but WOW it’s so good!! (You’ll be in chocolate heaven)
It’s also an awesome way to say, “I love you” and for a true chocolate lover it’s a dream come true. I hope these recipe will inspire you with lots of delicious ways to spread the love this Valentines Day!
- 1 devils food cake
- 1 can, 21 ounces cherry pie filling
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1 cup semi- sweet chocolate chips
- 12 maraschino cherries, for garnish
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Heavily coat bundt pan with cooking spray.
- Set aside.
- Mix all the cake ingredients on low for 1 minute.
- Evenly pour into prepared bundt pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until cake springs back in center when lightly touched.
- Cool cake on rack for 10 minutes, turn out, finish cooling on rack.
- Place on serving platter and drizzle with frosting.
- In a small sauce pan over medium low heat; melt butter, add sugar and milk.
- Bring to boil, boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Add chocolate chips, stir until melted.
- Drizzle the top of cake with hot frosting, will firm when cools.
- Garnish with maraschino cherries.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 340Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 59mgSodium: 97mgCarbohydrates: 55gFiber: 2gSugar: 35gProtein: 3g
Chocolate Covered Cherry Bundt Cake simply CAN NOT be passed up… it’s easy to throw together but tastes like you really slaved away on it!
Happy Monday 🙂