Ever since I was a kiddo I’ve adored Eggnog… yep. It’s true! It has always been one of the highlights of the Holidays for me 🙂
SO, naturally, Egg Nog Bundt Cake with Egg Nog Frosting can’t be anything but fabulous!
Jen from Bakerette and I got together last week to do some baking and blog talkin’ AND photography chatting too. It was fun to spend some time with her- she’s so awesome!
I love this bundt cake pan- nothing fancy but works great! Baker’s Secret 1114421 Essentials Fluted Tube/Bundt Pan
and this is our favorite cake mix… Betty Crocker Yellow Cake Mix, 15.25 oz and White Chocolate Instant Pudding…. Hershey’s White Chocolate Instant Pudding (4 Boxes)
After this recipe went live I realized that eggnog is one word. . . and once a post has gone live, it’s a not a good idea to change the title so here it’s been all this time with a huge typo! Silly, I know but you’ll love this Eggnog Bundt Cake with Eggnog Frosting spelled either way 🙂
Check out these awesome tips from a reader for an alternate way to make the frosting:
I use 1/2 C. of powdered sugar, 1 T. of butter almost melted, 1/8 C of eggnog,1/2 tsp. vanilla, and 1/4 tsp. nutmeg. I whisk everything together and drizzle it on the top and let it drip down where it may. I put the cake in the refrigerator until the frosting is chilled and then slice the cake.
Egg Nog Bundt Cake with Egg Nog Frosting
- 1 15oz yellow cake mix
- 1 3oz dry white chocolate instant pudding mix (or vanilla)
- 1/2 cup light egg nog
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 4 eggs or I use 2 whole eggs and 4 egg whites to reduce fat/cholesterol
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup water
- Pan Coating:
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup light egg nog room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Generously coat bundt pan with cooking spray.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl; mix.
- Evenly coat pan with mixture; reserving excess.
- Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine cake mix, dry pudding mix, nutmeg; stir to combine.
- Add egg nog, sour cream, eggs, canola oil, water; mix until smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Lightly tap on counter to even out batter without disturbing coating.
- Sprinke reserved cinnamon/sugar mixture onto the top of the batter.
- Bake 35-40 or until toothpick inserted near center removes clean.
- Rest cake on rack for 10 minutes.
- Turn out cake onto cooling rack and let cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl cream butter.
- Add vanilla, nutmeg, salt, adding powdered sugar 1 cup at a time alternating with 1 tablespoon eggnog.
- Mix until smooth but a pourable consistency; adjust as necessary with more egg nog or powdered sugar to gain a pourable consistency.
- Place Cake on serving platter, spoon frosting around the top of cake and allow to drizzle down the sides.
- Serve and Enjoy!
* this recipe was adapted from www.lemonpoppyseed.com
We both absolutely LOVED this Egg Nog Bundt Cake with Egg Nog Frosting!
It’s beautiful and delicious plus we lightened it up a bit BUT, you’d never know by eating it 🙂
I hope your week is going well and that you have a really great day! Thanks so much for keeping up with all my cooking adventures- I just love y’all.