Our Eggnog Bundt Cake with Eggnog Frosting Recipe is a love of mine! I love Eggnog. Yep, it’s true! Today’s eggnog cake is heavenly. Naturally, Eggnog Frosting can’t be anything but delightful! Eggnog bundt cake with a cake mix is simple-to-make and the perfect dessert to take to your holiday parties.
Why we love Eggnog Bundt Cake with Eggnog Frosting Recipe
The holidays bring out the joy in all of us as we gather with our family and friends through out the season! It’s the time of year we tend to let our hearts open a little wider and let go of some of the busy-ness of every day life to connect.
I know so many other aspects of the season seem like they bring craziness with them, however, I hope you enjoy making this cake and sharing it with your loved ones.
How to make Eggnog Bundt Cake with Eggnog Frosting Recipe
• Get a good bundt cake pan~ I love this bundt cake pan it’s nothing fancy but it works great! Baker’s Secret 1114421 Essentials Fluted Tube/Bundt Pan
• Coat the pan really well with cooking spray being sure to get all the creases.
• Sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar generously, then rotate the pan over the sink and make sure it’s covered all the surface area and over the sink in case some spills.
• If there’s a place where the cooking spray missed it, you will know it because the mixture won’t stick there; in that case just cooking spray a little and re-coat with mixture.
Give our Cinnamon Rolls with Eggnog Frosting Recipe a try too!
• When turning cake out from pan; place the cooling rack on top of the pan then slowly turn the rack and pan upside down together and at the same time, allow to finish cooling.
• Enjoy every bite of your Eggnog Bundt Cake with Eggnog Frosting
This recipe has been such a favorite with our CWR readers for many years and we love hearing all about your cooking and baking happy moments.
We’ll tempt you with our Pear Upside-Down Bundt Cake Recipe too! 🙂
- 1 15oz yellow cake mix
- 1 3oz dry white chocolate instant pudding mix (or vanilla)
- 1/2 cup light egg nog
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 4 eggs or I use 2 whole eggs and 4 egg whites, to reduce fat/cholesterol
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup water
- Pan Coating:
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup light egg nog, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Generously coat bundt pan with cooking spray.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl; mix.
- Evenly coat pan with mixture; reserving excess.
- Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine cake mix, dry pudding mix, nutmeg; stir to combine.
- Add egg nog, sour cream, eggs, canola oil, water; mix until smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Lightly tap on counter to even out batter without disturbing coating.
- Sprinke reserved cinnamon/sugar mixture onto the top of the batter.
- Bake 35-40 or until toothpick inserted near center removes clean.
- Rest cake on rack for 10 minutes.
- Turn out cake onto cooling rack and let cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl cream butter.
- Add vanilla, nutmeg, salt, adding powdered sugar 1 cup at a time alternating with 1 tablespoon eggnog.
- Mix until smooth but a pourable consistency; adjust as necessary with more egg nog or powdered sugar to gain a pourable consistency.
- Place Cake on serving platter, spoon frosting around the top of cake and allow to drizzle down the sides.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 532Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 142mgSodium: 503mgCarbohydrates: 80gFiber: 1gSugar: 59gProtein: 10g
More Holiday Desserts
Awesome tips from a reader for an alternate way to make the frosting:
I use 1/2 C. of powdered sugar, 1 T. of butter almost melted, 1/8 C of eggnog,1/2 tsp. vanilla, and 1/4 tsp. nutmeg. I whisk everything together and drizzle it on the top and let it drip down where it may. I put the cake in the refrigerator until the frosting is chilled and then slice the cake.
Eggnog Bundt Cake with Eggnog Frosting Recipe it’s beautiful and we lightened it up a bit!
One more thing before you go…
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends. Our hearts sing when you do.
We SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here. Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: email@example.com. We’re excited to see you again soon!
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Ruthie & Madeliene
- Hot Chocolate Peppermint Brownies Recipe
- Starbucks Chocolate Smoothie Recipe
- Irish Coffee with Baileys and Kahlua Recipe
- Irish Soda Farls Recipe
- Irish Creme de Menthe Cocktail Recipe
- Spicy Mini Club Crackers Recipe
- Apple Pie Bites Recipe
- Brown Sugar Banana Squash Recipe
- Old Spaghetti Factory Broccoli Recipe