Peppermint Hot Cocoa Krispie Treats is everything we all love so much about the holidays! Heaven!!
My Peppermint Hot Cocoa Krispie Treats will bring a smile to everyone that is lucky enough to enjoy one… they’re THAT good!
They’ll remind you everything we love so much about the holidays; hot cocoa with marshmallows and peppermint all on top of the classic rice kripie treat. Heaven.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 16 ounces package mini marshmallows
- 8 cups rice krispie cereal
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Hot Cocoa Frosting:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- 1/3- 1/2 cup dry hot cocoa mix, adjust amount to taste
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini marshamallows
- 1/4 cup mini candy canes, crushed
- Coat 15×10 glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Set aside.
- In a large plastic microwaveable bowl place butter and mini marshmallows, microwave 1 minute, stir, microwave 30 seconds, stir well.
- If not completely melted microwave 15 seconds more.
- Stir in half rice krispies; mix well.
- Stir in remaining rice krispies; mix until well coated.
- Pour into baking dish, lightly wet hand with water and press flat into pan.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Invert onto cutting board or piece of parchment paper and give it a giggle to remove treats.
- Hot Cocoa Frosting:
- In a small mixing bowl cream butter, add powdered sugar 1 C at a time; mixing well.
- Add 1-2 Tbsp milk until creamy but thick.
- Add dry hot cocoa mix; mix until incorporated.
- Spread hot cocoa frosting on the top of krispie treats.
- Sprinkle topping marshmallows and crushed candy cane evenly over frosted treats.
- In a microwave bowl melt chocolate for 30 seconds, stir well, microwave 15 seconds more, stir until smooth.
- Drizzle chocolate using a fork back and forth to garnish.
- Let cool completely.
- Cut into 4x4 square pieces.
- Then cover airtight until serving and enjoy!
Peppermint Hot Cocoa Krispie Treats is an awesome recipe for the whole family to enjoy making together~ SO fun and SO easy!
Here a few other Holiday recipe delights:
I hope all of your Holidays are Merry and Bright!
Much Love and Peace~ Ruthie