Today, I’m excited to share one of my very favorite salads~ Harvest Chicken Salad with Raspberry Balsamic Dressing with y’all.
I promise you this dressing is to-die-for… SO Ah-mazing!
This salad is just wonderful. Oh and if you take off the chicken it’s the perfect side salad to take along to all your holiday gatherings too. Or it’d be a great way to use up some leftover Turkey from you’re Holiday Feasting!
- 4 C mixed salad greens
- 1 apple, core removed and thinly sliced
- 1 pear, core removed and thinly sliced
- 1/2 C red grapes, cut in half length wise
- 1/2 C parmigiano reggiano, flaked or shredded
- 2 C cooked and sliced chicken breast
- 3/4 C balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 C dijon mustard
- 1/2 C sugar
- 2 tsp shallots, minced
- 1 C raspberries, preferably fresh
- 1/4 C water
- 2 C canola oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Divide salad ingredients evenly on 4-6 serving plates.
- Serve with Dressing and Enjoy!
- In a small sauce pan over medium high heat, add berries and water; bring to boil, reduce to simmer until thickened and sauce-like consistency.
- Strain raspberries through a fine meshed strainer to remove seeds, gently press to release all juices; set aside.
- In a blender add raspberry puree, mustard, sugar, shallots, and vinegar until blended and aireated; approx 2 minutes.
- Slowly drizzle in oil while blending, to form an emulsion.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with salad.
- (Leftover will keep well fridge for 3-4 weeks)
We are enjoying a beautiful autumn in my neck of the woods and I hope each of yours has been just as lovely!
Looking ahead to the Holiday’s… enjoy the deliciousness with a few of our family’s favorite holiday recipes:
I hope these recipes inspire you and help make all of your Holidays even more Merry and Bright!
Much Love and Peace~ Ruthie
PS- I shared this recipe over at Beneath my Heart too 🙂