Harvest Vegetable Salad is packed with all kinds of healthy raw vegetables- fresh zucchini, corn, cabbage, peppers, baby tomatoes, spinach, leafy greens, and a sprinkling of pumpkin seeds to top it off! I loved this salad so much- I made it last weekend for a family event but I wanted to hurry and share it with you, that way you can make one too before all the farmers markets and vegetable stands are gone for the season!
I love my neighbors- Margot is so kind to share some of her garden bounty with me, the adorable baby yellow tomatoes and the zucchini that you see in my salad are from her. The rest of my veggies I grabbed at a fruit/vegetable stand and then tossed in some salad greens and cabbage! It’s seriously delicious.
I like to eat salads with olive oil but some people really love a lot of dressing so use whatever suites your fancy for dressing it up.
Have you tried eating raw corn off the cob and garden fresh zucchini? I love them better raw than cooked, actually. My little dog lila loves raw corn too- really! Hahaha. When she hears me husking some corn she comes running and waits at my feet for some kernels to fall. She cracks me up!
Happy Fit Friday!! YAY…
I love to have Nichole from Pure Clean Fitness come to hang out with us on Fridays! A healthy recipe from me and Fitness Tips from Nichole keep us healthy and happy all week long.
Nichole’s tips on knowing how sick is too sick to workout…
Our house got hit this week with the dreaded strep throat….ugh! Before I met my husband and his beautiful two daughters I made is about 15 years without getting the flu, strep throat, pretty much avoided getting sick at all. Within the first year of our dating I got both the flu and strep throat and in the last 5 years I have succeeded in getting strep throat three other times. So as soon as the doctor uttered those horrible words “Yep, she has strep throat” I immediately start to dread the next week.
- 6 cups spinach and mixed salad greens
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup baby yellow tomatoes
- 1 cup raw zucchini, diced
- 1 cup raw corn, cut off the cob (approx 2 ears of corn)
- 1 cup mini multi colored peppers
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- dressing of choice
- In a large serving bowl combine all ingredients- I prefer dividing in half and making two layers.
- Serve with dressing of choice.
Happy Fit Friday!
Much Love and Peace~
Nichole and Ruthie
- Oatmeal, Candied Walnut, Raisin Cookies Recipe
- Southwest Potato Hash and Egg Sandwich Recipe
- Easy Lemon Sorbet Recipe
- Blueberry Lime Cocktail Recipe
- Strawberry Lime Refresher Recipe
- Primavera Pizza Recipe
- Dried Hibiscus Flower & Dark Chocolate Power Bites Recipe
- Cilantro Turkey Lavash Wrap with Pico de Gallo Mayo