Caprese Salad is a beautiful arrangement of heirloom tomatoes fresh from our garden! This salad tastes like a little bit of heaven… fresh ingredients make all the difference! If you don’t grow a garden then be sure to look at your local farmer’s market for heirloom variety tomatoes or this salad is also good with fresh tomatoes of any variety!
- 4 to matoes, heirloom varieties
- 4 slices fresh mozzarella
- 12 basil leaves
- olive oil
- sea salt, to taste
- Slice tomatoes and arrange on salad plates in the shape of a circle, add mozzarella slices to the center of circle.
- Stack, roll, and slice basil leaves; sprinkle on top of tomatoes and mozzarella.
- (add basil right before serving; it tends to wilt quickly)
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Garnish with additional basil leaves and grape tomato, if desired
- Add sea salt to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!
AND truth be told… we went out for my husbands birthday, to a favorite little Italian restaurant of ours and one my friends ordered this salad! When the waiter brought it I whispered to her that I was going to blog that salad because we had all the same beautiful tomatoes right in our back yard!! SO here it is…
Caprese Salad is really simple to make. It tastes so fresh and delicious, you’ll absolutely LOVE it! Enjoy 🙂
- Turkey, Sweet Potato, & Blue Cheese Salad Recipe
- Salmon Salad w/ Sweet Vinegar Dressing Recipe
- Papaya Pineapple Coleslaw Recipe
- Winter Fruit and Greens Salad Recipe
- Horiatiki Greek Village Salad & Acropolis of Athens
- Sherry Shallot Vinaigrette Recipe
- Apple Cucumber Tossed Salad
- German Apple and Celery Root Salad