Caprese Salad is a beautiful arrangement of heirloom tomatoes fresh from our garden! This salad tastes like a little bit of heaven… fresh ingredients make all the difference! If you don’t grow a garden then be sure to look at your local farmer’s market for heirloom variety tomatoes or this salad is also good with fresh tomatoes of any variety!
- 4 to matoes, heirloom varieties
- 4 slices fresh mozzarella
- 12 basil leaves
- olive oil
- sea salt, to taste
- Slice tomatoes and arrange on salad plates in the shape of a circle, add mozzarella slices to the center of circle.
- Stack, roll, and slice basil leaves; sprinkle on top of tomatoes and mozzarella.
- (add basil right before serving; it tends to wilt quickly)
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Garnish with additional basil leaves and grape tomato, if desired
- Add sea salt to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!
AND truth be told… we went out for my husbands birthday, to a favorite little Italian restaurant of ours and one my friends ordered this salad! When the waiter brought it I whispered to her that I was going to blog that salad because we had all the same beautiful tomatoes right in our back yard!! SO here it is…