Kami from No Diets Allowed is here visiting with us today.
She’s sharing her Mini Caprese Salad Skewers! Which look amazing.
I absolutely LOVE everything caprese 🙂 It’s one of my all time favorite flavor combinations! What a fun healthy and festive appetizer for the Holidays.
I’ll turn it on over to Kami…
- 20 fresh mozzarella mini balls
- About 7 to 8 fresh basil leaves, halved or quartered
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Using a toothpick or mini skewers, first pierce 1 mozzarella ball, then basil leaf and cherry tomato.
- Repeat until all mozzarella balls are used (yielding 20).
- Place them in a shallow dish.
- In a small bowl, combine together balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
- Pour mixture evenly over each mini skewer.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Serve chilled.
I can’t believe Christmas is next week! I love everything about Christmas… especially the food. When my family or friends plan a Christmas party, the food is most likely the first thing discussed.
Well, it’s always fun to have a festive red, green, and white appetizer that’s quick and easy. These Mini Caprese Salad Skewers will be a huge hit!
Just be sure to eat one or two yourself before you set them out… I learned the hard way. They were gone lickety-split just like Santa’s reindeer.
I found these colorful and decorative toothpicks (I wish I would have waited to receive them before taking my photos). They really dressed up these little skewers even more. I also thought these ones were pretty adorable too. Decisions, decisions.
I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Pst… I know you’ll be feeling sick after gobbling up lots of unhealthy holiday foods, so come play the next round of The Game-On Health Challenge with us starting on January 6th! It’s really competitive, motivating, and will help you kick off the year right.
Kami always has healthy and tasty recipes over at No Diets Allowed— you ought to jump over and visit her 🙂
Happy Cooking and Happy Holidays!
xoxo~ Kami and Ruthie