I’m so happy to have Carrie from My Recipe Confessions here with us and she’s brought a delicious treat…
Lunch Lady Peanut Butter Bars! You remember them, right?! oh. yum.
Take me back. I’ll turn in it over to her…
Do you remember the good ole days when school lunch was made from scratch every morning in the school cafeteria? At my elementary school, they served the most amazing peanut butter bars! They were my favorite!
We would always try to trade other kids our vegetables or milk for their peanut butter bar. Most kids wouldn’t trade their peanut butter bars for the world, but every once in a while, you got lucky and found somebody who didn’t like peanut butter.
- 3/4 cup of butter
- 3/4 cup of white sugar
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup of creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp. of vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup of oats
- 3/4 tsp. of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
- 1 11.5 oz. bag of milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- In a medium size bowl, cream the butter and sugars together.
- Add the eggs and continue to cream.
- Mix in the peanut butter and vanilla until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- In a smaller bowl, mix the dry ingredients together and then mix them into the peanut butter mixture. Spray a baking sheet with baking spray and spread the peanut butter mixture evenly into the pan.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the hot bars and allow the chocolate chips to melt for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Evenly spread the chocolate over the peanut butter bars.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars.
Years later when I married my husband, I discovered that my sister in law Jill makes peanut butter bars that taste just like the ones that the lunch ladies made.
Today is your lucky day because I am sharing this amazing recipe with you. Enjoy!
With love from my kitchen to yours,
- Grilled Corn, Tomato & Arugula Salad Recipe
- Toasted Coconut Caramel Popcorn Recipe
- Chinese Pickled Vegetables Recipe
- Irish Coffee with Baileys and Kahlua Recipe
- Hot Turkey Provolone Sandwich with Basil Mayo Recipe
- Healthy Banana Muffins Recipe
- Cadbury Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- Crockpot White Chicken Chili Recipe