Our Cotton Candy Popcorn is a must have for your next at home movie night. Cotton Candy Popcorn is an easy snack that both kids and adults will enjoy. I’ve been on a popcorn kick lately that I can’t seem to get enough of it. I wanted to mix up my own batch one day and I couldn’t decide whether I should make a salty kind or a sweet kind. As you can see, the sweet kind won! This Cotton Candy Popcorn will satisfy any sweet tooth!
Longtime love of Cotton Candy Popcorn Recipe
When I first met my husband (almost 15 years ago!) he was the big popcorn fan. I never understood why he liked it so much. The only time I enjoyed it was when we went to the movies and I ordered it, with extra butter, of course! Even then I couldn’t finish a whole bag myself. I preferred chips, nachos with cheese, or even a box of Good & Plenty with my movie.
Well it seems lately that the tables have turned. He’s not so much a popcorn fan anymore but it seems I am! Every time I go to the mall I can’t pass Kernels without getting a bag (or two) to munch on as I’m shopping or driving home. I know once I get home the kids will finish off the bag but my husband will have nothing to do with it. I really shouldn’t complain…it just means more for me!
We hope you’ll enjoy some of our other favorite snack recipe too!
Ingredients for Cotton Candy Popcorn Recipe
For this popcorn I made it with extra butter popcorn because, really, it’s all I had. I actually quite enjoyed it because it gave it the sweet and salty combo that I love. If that’s not your thing, then use plain popcorn and you’ll be all set! Hope you enjoy it!
• 2 bags of popped microwavable popcorn
• 1/4 cup butter
• 1 large bag of miniature marshmallows
• 2 packages of Duncan Hines Cotton Candy Frosting Creations
How to make Cotton Candy Popcorn Recipe
• Preheat oven to 300 F. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
• Pop popcorn according to package directions and pour onto prepared cookie sheet. Pick out all unpopped corn kernels.
• In a large saucepan, melt butter on medium low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until all marshmallows are melted.
• Remove from heat and stir in the packages of Duncan Hines Cotton Candy Frosting Creations.
• Pour mixture over popcorn and stir to coat. Mixture will be very sticky so you might want to butter the back of your spoon to help spread it around. I used my hands to mix it….not a good idea, unless you don’t mind getting messy!
• Once popcorn is well coated, place cookie sheet in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.
• Remove pan and let cool. Store in an airtight container.
Today we’re in the kitchen with Liz from A Sweet Baker and my kids are drooling over her photo’s.
- 2 bags of popped microwavable popcorn
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 large bag of miniature marshmallows
- 2 packages of Duncan Hines Cotton Candy Frosting Creations
- Preheat oven to 300 F. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Pop popcorn according to package directions and pour onto prepared cookie sheet. Pick out all unpopped corn kernels.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter on medium low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until all marshmallows are melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in the packages of Duncan Hines Cotton Candy Frosting Creations.
- Pour mixture over popcorn and stir to coat. Mixture will be very sticky so you might want to butter the back of your spoon to help spread it around. I used my hands to mix it....not a good idea, unless you don't mind getting messy!
- Once popcorn is well coated, place cookie sheet in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove pan and let cool. Store in an airtight container.
- Enjoy your Cotton Candy Popcorn Recipe!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 196 Total Fat: 14g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 2g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 20mg Sodium: 185mg Carbohydrates: 18g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 9g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 1g
Pop up some delicious Cotton Candy Popcorn Recipe for your movie night this weekend!
We love to hear about your magical cooking moments. If you get a chance to make our recipes then leave us a comment or tag us on Instagram @cookingwithruthie, pin us on Pinterest, or follow along with us on Facebook so we can share in the joy of cooking with you! Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: email@example.com. We’re excited to see you again soon!
One more thing before you go…
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you!! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends! Our hearts sing when you do. We SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here.
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Ruthie & Madeliene