This recipe is a fabulous moving-watching treat that’s got the deliciousness of the Holidays all wrapped up in it!
Our Gingerbread Popcorn is a fun winter treat that you and your family will enjoy while watching the classic holiday shows this winter.
I remember loving to watch Frosty the Snowman and Snoopy’s Christmas with my kiddos when they were little- this recipe will make those moments that much sweeter 🙂
I got this recipe from my little sister, Louise, several years ago and we just love it!
- 14 C popped popcorn, approx 1/2 C un-popped
- 3/4 C dark brown sugar
- 1/2 C butter
- 1/4 C light karo syrup
- 1/4 C molasses
- 1 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- In a large pot over medium heat, combine dark brown sugar, butter, light karo, molasses, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Boil while constantly stirring for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add vanilla and baking soda- soda will foam.
- Quickly pour over popcorn and toss to coat.
- Let cool; stirring every 2-3 minutes to separate while cooling.
Enjoy even MORE holiday deliciousness with some of our other family favorites…
I hope all your Holidays are Merry and Bright!
Much Love and Peace~
PS- I shared this over at the36thAVENUE too 🙂