Liz from A Sweet Baker has brought us a decadent recipe to satisfy our Holiday sweet-tooth…
Doesn’t Gingerbread Bark sound amazing!! YUMMO.
I won’t keep you waiting any longer and let Liz take it from here:
Even though it’s only November 29th I’ve been in the Christmas baking mood for a few weeks now! I’ve already made Cranberry White Chocolate Shortbread Cookies, Reese’s Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake Bars and Coffee and Bailey’s Irish Cream Fudge which are all in the freezer to enjoy over the holidays!
This Gingerbread Bark, however, didn’t make it to the freezer in my house! First of all, it doesn’t make a big batch (but you can double it if you want one) and second, it was just too good that we ate it over the course of the week and the kids took it in their lunches.
The key to getting this Gingerbread Bark perfect is to buy good quality chocolate and good quality gingersnaps. That’s the only two ingredients in this bark so you want to have the best.
When you’re planning your holiday baking list make sure you include this Gingerbread Bark on your list. Whether it’s just for you or you’re giving it away at a cookie exchange, this is the perfect treat to whip up in a hurry and it looks so festive all wrapped up!
- 8 0 z. semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup gingersnap cookies, crushed
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips, melted
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, place chopped chocolate and microwave in increments of 30 seconds, stirring often, until chocolate melts.
- Pour chocolate onto prepare cookie sheet and spread into a rectangle with a spatula until it's about 1/4" thick.
- Sprinkle crushed gingersnap cookies evenly over top of chocolate.
- Drizzle melted white chocolate chips over the crushed cookies.
- Refrigerate Gingerbread Bark for about 1 hour or until set.
- Remove from fridge and break into pieces.
So, until I talk to you next month, have fun baking and enjoy the snowy weather (if you have any where you are)!
Thanks so much to Liz… I just LOVE having Liz come and visit with us! She’s got quite a knack when it comes to everything sweet.
Here are a few other delights from A Sweet Baker
I can’t wait to make Liz’s Gingerbread Bark … it’s perfect for the Holidays and I just adore everything gingerbread this time of year!!
Happy Wednesday and Happy Holiday Baking!
xoxo~ Liz and Ruthie