Our Baked Gingerbread Doughnuts Recipe will bring the magic of the holidays to your breakfast table! Today’s gingerbread donuts are just perfect for your winter morning cup of coffee!
Why we love Baked Gingerbread Doughnuts Recipe
It doesn’t get much better than a hot cup of coffee, tea, or hot cocoa with today’s Baked Gingerbread Doughnuts Recipe! Serve them up for breakfast or brunch this holiday season.
We think you’ll love this healthier doughnut recipe so don’t be shy! Enjoy…
Ingredients in Baked Gingerbread Doughnuts Recipe
- baking powder
- baking soda
- sea salt
- apple cider vinegar
- canola oil
- plain fat-free greek yogurt
- luke warm water
Fit Friday with Nichole
I hope you all had an amazing Thanksgiving filled with family, food and memories. My Thanksgiving week was also filled with sick kids and lots of cuddles, not ideal but definitely adds to the memories.
We are hitting that time of year where the question “am I too sick” starts to get thrown around…..a lot. I decided it was a great week to talk about when to rest and when it is okay to still run, hit the gym, etc.
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoon plain fat-free greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 cup luke warm water
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1-3 teaspoon water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat doughnut pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, spices, and sea salt; stir to combine.
- In a small mixing bowl combine vinegar, vanilla, oil, yogurt, molasses, and water.
- Make a well in the center of dry ingredients, pour in wet ingredients, stir just until moistened.
- Place half the batter in a gallon size ziplock baggie, snip the tip off, fill doughnut pan molds 3/4 the way full.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until center springs back with light touch.
- Cool in pan on rack for 5 minutes, un-mold doughnuts, cool completely.
- In a small mixing bowl pour powdered sugar, add molasses and stir.
- Add ginger and vanilla; mix well.
- Add additional water until reaches desired consistency.
- Drizzle on doughnuts!
- Enjoy your Baked Gingerbread Doughnuts Recipe!
- *If you do not have a doughnut pan substitute a muffin tin.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 204Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 193mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 1gSugar: 29gProtein: 2g
More Holiday Breakfast Recipes
- Cranberry Orange Coffee Cake
- Cinnamon Sugar Crescent Rolls Recipe
- Cranberry Orange Non-Boozy Mimosa Recipe
- Apple Cinnamon Cream Cheese Pastries
- Cranberry White Chocolate Scones
- Nutella Pastry Stars
- White Chocolate Craisin Bread Pudding Recipe
- Easy Black Forest Waffles
- Gingerbread Biscotti
- Cinnamon Roll Kabobs
- Apple Walnut Cinnamon Roll Waffles with Cider Glaze
Bake up some holiday love with our Baked Gingerbread Doughnuts Recipe!
One more thing before you go…
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends.
Our hearts sing when you do.
We SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here. Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: email@example.com. We’re excited to see you again soon!
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Ruthie & Madeliene