Reece’s Peanut Butter Cup Bars are like a chocolate peanut butter party in your mouth… mmmmm hmmm.
I have a dirty little secret… It’s rich and lovely and has everything to do with peanut butter and chocolate 🙂
My love of Reece’s Peanut Butter Cups extends waaaaayyyy back into my childhood. Truth be told… I’ve got to confess to having stole all of my siblings Reece’s Peanut Butter Cups out of their Trick or Treating halloween candy bags. I know, I know. What more can I say? I was addicted at a very young age.
I told y’all it was a dirty little secret 🙂
So when the idea came to me to turn this love of mine into a beautiful Reece’s Peanut Cup Bar, I was like… I’m in love with it already from the very first thought and the first smell and the first bite… well you’ve got the idea.
Luckily, I have lots of neighbors that also enjoy sharing in my cooking creations and sharing in the calories with me too 🙂
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 2 cups flour
- 1 10oz pkg real milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup Reece's Peanut Butter Chips
- 1/2 C butter, softened
- 1/2 C peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 3- 3 1/2 C powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 8 Reece's Peanut Butter Cups, diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl cream together butter and peanut butter then add eggs; mix well.
- Add sugars; mix.
- Add salt, baking soda, oatmeal, and flour; mix until incorporated.
- Add Reece's Peanut Butter Chips; stir to distribute.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven, let cool 2 minutes, and sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
- Let chips melt and spread evenly over top, cool in fridge completely.
- Meanwhile make frosting.
- Frosting: Combine butter and peanut butter in mixing bowl, add vanilla; mix.
- Add powdered sugar 1 C at a time; mixing well with each addition until thick.
- Add milk to smooth out frosting.
- Frost cooled bars, evenly sprinkle diced Reece's Peanut Butter Cups on top.
- Slice and Serve.
Whip up a batch of these lovely Reece’s Peanut Butter Cup Bars and share the love with your neighborhood.
Hope your weekend was just lovely… I went on some adventurous hikes with my dogs, hung out friends and ate more than my fair share of sushi!
Much love and Peace~