These Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies are going to put a smile on everybody’s lips that eats one 🙂
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 12 minutes
Total Time 32 minutes
- 1/2 C shortening
- 1/2 C peanut butter, I used creamy
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1/2 C granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 C flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 C milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp oil
- sheet of parchment paper
- 1/4 C peanut butter chips, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Coat half sheet pan with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl cream shortening and peanut butter, add sugars; mix until smooth.
- Add egg; mix well.
- Add dry ingredients all at once; mix just until incorporated.
- Scoop by teaspoonfuls onto prepared pan, cross mark with a fork.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool on rack.
- Put chocolate in a microwave safe bowl, add oil, microwave for 15 seconds, stir well.
- Microwave another 15 seconds, stir until smooth.
- Repeat a third time if needed.
- Using a sppon to assist- coat half of each cookie with chocolate, set on parchment paper and sprinkle with chopped peanut butter chips for garnish.
- Allow to cool to set.
Peanut Butter Cookies are delicious but they’re even tastier all dressed up with some mouth-watering milk chocolate on them 🙂
I hope you have a super awesome long weekend… Happy Friday!