I’m so happy to have Liz from A Sweet Baker visiting with us today.
Liz has brought a delicously-healthy Strawberry Banana Oatmeal Cookies for us to share… Yum!
This past weekend my husband invited my family over for dinner. I had already made this Yogurt Lime Cake for dessert but my niece is allergic to eggs and dairy so I wanted to bake something just for her.
I thought these Strawberry Banana Oatmeal Cookies would be the perfect dessert for her but two things happened. One, I added chocolate chips (which contain dairy, oops!) and two, she didn’t end up coming over. I guess adding the chocolate chips didn’t matter after all! So, if you want these cookies to be both egg and dairy free, just omit the chocolate chips!
These cookies turned out moist and chewy and had the perfect amount of sweetness to them. If you’re okay with dairy then I would highly recommend adding the chocolate chips…..so good! My kids were even eating these for breakfast in the morning. Fruit, honey and oats – sounds pretty healthy to me!
- 1 banana
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, cleaned and chopped
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 3/4 cups quick-cook oats
- Optional: 1/2 cup chocolate chips, omit if you want dairy free cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, mash banana and strawberries together with a masher until there are no longer any chunks.
- Stir in vanilla, honey, oats and optional chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop out mixture and place on prepared baking sheet. Using a fork, gently flatten cookie slightly.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until cookies turn lightly golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cookies cool on the baking sheet and then move to a wire rack to cool completely.
I’m sure you could experiment with different kinds of fruit to suit your tastes. You could also add more or less honey and even throw in some nuts or peanut butter for some protein. I’m sure the possibilities are endless!
Until next month, enjoy!
Here are a couple of more yummy recipes from A Sweet Baker for you to enjoy…
Liz has inspired me with her Strawberry Banana Oatmeal Cookies… I’m totally going to have to baking up a batch!
Happy Baking and Happy Friday!
xoxo~ Liz and Ruthie