Our cute friend Carrie from My Recipe Confessions is visiting today!
You’ll be baking up a batch of her Peanut Butter Ganache Chocolate Cookies tonight! Oh my.
I’ll turn it on over to her… Enjoy. AND a very Merry Christmas Eve!
I can’t believe that Christmas is tomorrow. Have you made cookies for Santa yet? Are you having a hard time figuring out what kind of cookies to make for the man in the red suit?
Well, let me tell you a little secret. Santa loves peanut butter!
- 1 cup of unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups of granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1/2 cup of milk chocolate chips, melted
- 2/3 cups of unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tsp. of vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp. of baking powder
- 1 cup of unsalted roasted peanuts, (chopped)
- Peanut Butter Ganache:
- 1 10oz. pkg. of Reese Pieces Peanut Butter Chips
- 1 cup of heaving whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Whisk dry flour, salt, and baking powder in bowl and set aside. In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugar together. Slowly add the eggs to the butter mixture and continue to cream.
- Add cocoa, sour cream, melted milk chocolate chips, and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth. Gradually add flour mixture and mix until smooth. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Roll out cookie dough so that it is ¼ inch thick. Cut the cookies with a 2 inch circle cookie cutter. Place cookies on a greased cookie sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely. Spread 1 tbsp. of peanut butter ganache over the chocolate cookies and sprinkle chopped peanuts on top.
- Peanut Butter Ganache:
- Place the chocolate chips in a medium size heat proof bowl. Bring the heavy cream to a simmer in a small sauce pan.
- Pour the hot cream over the chocolate chips. Whisk until completely smooth and let cool to room temperature.
So if you want a few extra presents under the tree this year, I would recommend you make these cookies for Santa. You might want to set a few cookies aside for yourself as well. This is one cookie recipe you don’t want to miss out on!
Here are a few other delightful Holiday recipes for you to enjoy:
With love from my kitchen to yours,
- Gingerbread Biscotti Recipe
- Cranberry Orange Loaf with Orange Frosting Recipe
- Wild Blueberry & White Chocolate Cookies Recipe
- Valentine Sugar Cookies Recipe
- Chocolate Filled Cupcakes with Rose Water Frosting Recipe
- 12 Irish Recipes; Savory & Sweet
- Craisin Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- Classic Angel Flake Cake (kraft)