Our Tiramisu Milkshake Recipe is delightfully creamy and sweet with a mild coffee flavor–a dreamy frosty treat! Today’s tiramisu shake is perfect for hot summer days. Tiramisu cake shake will bring a smile to your day!
Why we love Tiramisu Milkshake Recipe
I love summer, don’t get me wrong, it just gets a little too hot and roasty once in awhile. 🙂 I love, love, love tiramisu so I figured why not combine my love of it + the need for a cool, in a refreshing summertime treat!
On the off hand chance you still have some of Monday’s Classic Tiramisu recipe in the fridge, it’d be a delightful to add in to our Tiramisu Milkshake recipe! If you didn’t get to make up a batch of the Classic Tiramisu.
(I really recommend you do because it’s amazing!)
Ingredients in Tiramisu Milkshake Recipe
- coffee ice cream (or 1 cup Classic Tiramisu recipe and 1 cup coffee ice cream)
- lady finger cookies
- mascarpone cheese
- cocoa powder and additional lady fingers for dusting on top
History of Tiramisu Recipe
• Most accounts of the origin of tiramisu date its invention to the 1960s in the region of Veneto, Italy, at the restaurant “Le Beccherie” in Treviso. Specifically, the dish is claimed to have first been created by a confectioner named Roberto Linguanotto, owner of “Le Beccherie”.
• “Everybody knows by now that Tiramisu’ means “pick-me-up” in Italian, for the high energetic content (eggs and sugar) and the caffeine of the strong espresso coffee. There are many different stories about the origin of Tiramisu’.
• It is a layered cake; therefore some people place its origin in Tuscany, where another famous layered Italian dessert is very popular. It is called “Zuppa Inglese” (English Soup).
• It is not English and it is not a soup. Instead is a simple cake of ladyfingers or sponge cake, soaked in “alkermes” liquor, and alternated layers of chocolate and egg custard. Layered cakes have been around for long time. The brilliant idea in Tiramisu’ is not in the technique of layering, but in the components.
• The great invention of combining together coffee, zabaglione cream, and chocolate: This is the true innovation in Tiramisu’.” From Sally Bernstein READ MORE
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups coffee ice cream or 1 cup classic tiramisu recipe and 1 cup coffee ice cream
- 4 lady finger cookies
- 2 tablespoons mascarpone cheese, omit if using classic tiramisu
- cocoa powder and additional lady fingers to garnish
- Combine first 4 ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into serving glasses and dust with cocoa powder.
- Enjoy Tiramisu Milkshake Recipe!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1569Total Fat: 107gSaturated Fat: 63gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 36gCholesterol: 634mgSodium: 710mgCarbohydrates: 126gFiber: 1gSugar: 82gProtein: 27g
Enjoy our Tiramisu Milkshake Recipe and some of these frosty treats too!
- Starbucks Strawberry Smoothie Recipe
- Starbucks Orange Mango Smoothie Recipe
- Banana Nut Smoothie Recipe
- Pineapple Mango Banana Smoothie Recipe
- Carrot, Orange, Ginger Smoothie
- Green Tea Protein Smoothie
- Chocolate Raspberry Protein Smoothie
- Starbucks Chocolate Smoothie Recipe
- Asian Pear and Pomegranate Smoothie
- Mint Raspberry Peach Smoothie
- White Peach, Cucumber, Mint Smoothie
- Strawberry, Citrus, Coconut Oat Smoothie
Our Tiramisu Milkshake Recipe is a combo of favorite coffee dessert ingredients!
One more thing before you go…
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends.
Our hearts sing when you do.
We SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here. Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: email@example.com. We’re excited to see you again soon!
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Ruthie & Madeliene