Lemon Garlic Steak Marinade Recipe is a delicious way to grill your favorite steak! We love the hint of lemon, garlic, and splash of heat from the red pepper flakes! Lemon Steak Marinade is always a good idea. . . the acid in the lemon juice marinade helps to break down the beef steaks so they are tender, flavorful, and ever-s0-lovely!
Lemon Garlic Steak Marinade Recipe
Our Lemon Garlic Steak Marinade Recipe was actually created by my son, Jake. He had an assignment to do for his history class to create a recipe using a very basic list of ingredients from the early American time period and then make his recipe at home. This is MY kind of homework 🙂
On his list were lemons, garlic, oil, beef, pepper, salt, and asparagus plus a few other items that he choose to use. Creating this marinade seemed like a really smart way to incorporate his homework options. His assignment turned out so, so, SO good that I wanted to share with all of you. Thanks to Jake and his history teacher for this savory dish!
I’m so excited to be getting back into the warm weather grilling time of year again…. veggies, proteins, and even fruit have that delightful bit of char-flavor hot off the grill. YUM!
Tips & Tricks for Grilling:
• Take meat our of fridge to bring it to room temperature for 20-30 minutes.
• Clean the BBQ grill grate with a metal scraper,
• To reduce sticking spray generously with cooking spray before igniting grill so it does not flame up.
• Preheat your grill on high, scrape again if needed to remove any really tough to remove areas.
• Create heat zones for two stage cooking;
• Stage One: heat one side of grill to high heat; sear the meat on each side for 2 minutes, rotating to get cross-hatching marks.
• Stage Two: heat second side of grill to low or off; place the seared meat here until reaches desired temperature.
• Invest in a high quality probe thermometer.
• To get the best reading; probe the meat on the side inserting the probe into the center of the cut of meat.
• Once meat reaches 5 degrees below desired temperature move to a resting plate and tent with foil to keep warm without sweating.
• Rest meat for 5 minutes to slow the juices.
• Serve and Enjoy!
If you like our Lemon Garlic Steak Marinade Recipe enjoy these too
Lemon Garlic Steak Marinade Recipe can easily be increased to serve the family and friends for your back yard gatherings this summer!
We love to hear about your magical cooking moments. . . if you get a chance to make this recipe leave us a comment or tag us on Instagram @cookingwithruthie so we can share the joy of cooking with you!
One more thing before you go!. . . be inspired with CWR Recipe, Travel, and a variety of Etceteras every week by signing up to receive our emails! Click here to subscribe. We send out our newest posts, a collection of our latest favorites, and more! We love to stay connected with you.
Ruthie & Madeliene
- 2- 6 ounce bone in ribeye steaks
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Combine all ingredients in large zip top plastic bag.
- Place in fridge and marinate for 2-4 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium high and cook steaks 4-6 minutes per side or until reaches desired doneness.