Rosemary Balsamic Flank Steak with Sweet Potato and Figs is a one-pot decadent wonder!
We are happy to have Nichole here with us from Pure Clean Fitness for Fit Friday!!
Rosemary Balsamic Flank Steak with Sweet Potato and Figs:
Is a great all in one dinner easily made in this amazing Lagostina Stainless Steel Giada Dutch Oven! We love flank steak as it is one of the healthiest beef cuts, having more protein and less fat than most other steaks. The sweet potatoes give us a great source of fiber, vitamins, and anti-oxidants. While the figs are rich in minerals including potassium and calcium! No need for a bed time snack when you have this baby for dinner! 😉
I also think this is a great meal to help keep the winter blues away! 1. We are utilizing all of the amazing winter fruits and veggies that we have right now. 2. We are cooking in a dutch oven in the home– bringing yummy home style, traditionally outside cooking, inside!
More like Rosemary Balsamic Flank Steak with Sweet Potato and Figs:
Fit Friday with Nichole!!
The New Years folks are waning, and that is just fine for those that are tired of sharing gym space and not being able to pick up celery on your grocery run. But with sunshine right around the corner and the winter blues starting to melt away, hopefully sooner rather than later, a few of you may just be joining the game. Today’s Fit Tips are my top 10 to be living a healthier life.
1) Think positive; It has been shown that a healthy positive attitude boosters your immune system and leads to an overall healthier you.
2) Exercise more days than not; this has nothing to do with fitting in those skinny jeans and everything to do with all the other ways exercise benefits us. Heart wise. Immune system. Bone density. And so many more.
3) Check your attitude with food; a healthy relationship with food is hard to come by these days but absolutely necessary for your overall health and your sanity.
4) Get your veggies; a diet high in veggies is a diet that fights off sicknesses of all kinds.
5) Sleep; get into a good routine to help your body and mind get ready for bed. And remember to aim for at least 6 hours of solid sleep. I get that may not be feasible for all you parents out there, but it is is a nice goal to have. Once day my youngest won’t get up multiple times a night and I am going to feel amazing!
6) Food over supplements; supplements cannot replace a healthy diet. Plain and simple.
7) Keep good company; relationships with healthy people will help you in our own journey to a healthy you.
8) Drink your water; one of the easiest and one of the hardest things for so many of us. Keep in mind that your body needs water to not only survive but to thrive.
10) Enjoy; life is not meant to be suffered through. Find joy in your healthier you journey. Find healthy foods you enjoy eating. Find exercise that you enjoy doing. Find people that make it all even more enjoyable.
Rosemary Balsamic Flank Steak with Sweet Potato and Figs is more than fabulous and we hope you love it!
Nichole, Ruthie, & Madeliene
Rosemary Balsamic Flank Steak with Sweet Potato and Figs
- Rosemary Balsamic Marinade:
- 1.5 pounds flank steak
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup rosemary chopped
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1/2 cup onions sliced
- To finish:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup onion medium diced
- 1/3 cup cabernet sauvignon
- 2/3 cup black mission figs quartered
- 2 cups sweet potato medium diced
- 2 tablespoons rosemary chopped
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 3 ounces prosciutto large diced
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- additional rosemary to garnish if desired.
- Rosemary Balsamic Marinade:
- Rub sea salt and pepper onto both sides of flank steak; set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a gallon size freezer ziptop baggie, mash to combine.
- Add flank steak to marinade, close top, and gently massage marinade to cover beef.
- Place in fridge overnight or a minimum of 12 hours.
- To Finish:
- Remove flank steak from fridge two hours before cooking to bring to room temperature.
- In your Lagostina 4qt. Stainless Steel Giada Dutch Oven, over medium heat, add olive oil; heat.
- Add onions; cook 3 minutes, stirring to caramelize.
- Add garlic; cook 1-2 minutes, stirring to caramelize.
- Add half the wine, stirring and scraping up bits from bottom of the pan; cook until almost dry.
- Add balsamic vinegar, remaining wine, sweet potatoes, and figs; cover, reduce heat to medium-low, cook 6-7 minutes or until sweet potatoes are soft- stirring twice.
- Remove from pan and hold hot.
- In the same pan, over medium-high heat, add flank steak, cook 2 minutes per side to sear- do not overcook.
- Then add sweet potato mixture back pan, add prosciutto, maple syrup, worcestershire, and lemon juice; simmer uncovered to reduce by half.
- Garnish with rosemary and serve warm!